Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OpenLPM - The free, open-source LPM project!

About the clone Arduinos.. well, ideally I'd get the originals as well but 3x the price plus shipping is just way too much. We could always leave that out of the kit since there'll be no real gain from a GB from either the Italian or the Chinese source.

A shield would be cool but some people might want to use another Arduino form factor or even a PIC or something... I'm more inclined on the breadboard but I'd still be in for the shield. There are small breadboards that fit the nano and leave just enough space for the rest of the components. That doesn't necessarily have to be included either, since people might want bigger or smaller boards.

About the datalogger, I offered because after reading the post I was under the impression you had no one to do it. Even better if you already have most of it done!

You could just start with a barebones circuit and put everything onto one PCB if you want to save costs.

benmwv

Already done that :D
I've made a few revisions. This is one with a character LCD. I'm making it for another member here, I thought it would make a fun project.

I have other boards with just the ADC and some other components for Ophir heads, and others with an OPA for TEC LPM's. They need further testing before I can release them open source.

AJVxY.jpg

(Please excuse my lack of ribbon cable, I need to rip apart more computers to replenish my stock :))
The SMD revision is on the way for this one. I like to use through holes for first revisions, easier to trouble shoot.

Awesome!

I have all the pieces to make a DIY LPM, but I abandoned the project when I found a good deal on a laserbee. Now I'm wanting to use the parts to make a pocket sized altoids tin LPM. Just for quick tests and novelty ;)

ARG

It lives! :) running Open LPM with some modifications for buttons and a screen. (Buttons are for zeroing, resetting peak power and two for back light control on the PWM pin)
Need to adjust the contrast, calibrate it then it'll be done. Works pretty well so far :D Data logging works great too.
s3oK7.jpg

It lives! :) running Open LPM with some modifications for buttons and a screen. (Buttons are for zeroing, resetting peak power and two for back light control on the PWM pin)
Need to adjust the contrast, calibrate it then it'll be done. Works pretty well so far :D Data logging works great too.
s3oK7.jpg

Any chance you'll be releasing the board/schematic files?

Nice Job ARG! I am still stuck on an old computer(1gig ram) now after the fire!!! (I Will post some pics in the other section)... and I now have tons of computer parts all mixed up with my laser parts been working or goin now for 28day's straight at work and with all the 'tiztheseason' I'm a little tired. lol Glad this is still in the works I really want to build it.. Hopefully my mobo gets here monday and I can get my drives back.

ARG

Any news on that manufacturer for the TECs/heads?
I stopped receiving emails from them. I'll see if I can source out a new one.

Nice Job ARG! I am still stuck on an old computer(1gig ram) now after the fire!!! (I Will post some pics in the other section)... and I now have tons of computer parts all mixed up with my laser parts been working or goin now for 28day's straight at work and with all the 'tiztheseason' I'm a little tired. lol Glad this is still in the works I really want to build it.. Hopefully my mobo gets here monday and I can get my drives back.

Thanks! Glad to hear from you Kiz, haven't seen you posting as much :)

Yay~!!!!! I'm back!!! 24gig ramnow.. 4gig vid GTX680 classified... and the 3TB still lives!!!!! I will take pics... AND no leaks so far...

Last edited:

Pman

"Download OpenLPM and extract the files to whatever location you see fit. Also download and extract the Arduino development environment. Install the drivers as instructed on their respective download pages.

Now you’re ready to dive into the project!"

Why am I not seeing the "download and extract the Arduino development environment" download anywhere? Can't seem to figure out where it is for downloading. Have the Arduino 1.0.4 allready.
Help?
Thanks

EDIT
Looks like it is all the same software in that one file?

Last edited:

ARG

If you have Arduino 1.0.4 you should be good to go, no need to get the Arduino environment again. You have to open the Open LPM.ino file in the Arduino software.