Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

On request: My lasershow on ilpendam topic

Could an admin move this to lasershows? thanks
This thread is made on request of TuhOz:

On Saturday 29 October on the LEM in ilpendam I showed a completely custom laser graphics show that was purely made for the LEM.

Mostly it was focused on being an experiment for a new way of seperating one single 3D object over 2 projectors by splicing them in 3D software and by using more points at the line ends and beginnings, also leaving an extra gap for both so that the lines properly overlap.
This method was thought and created by myself.

At the time (which is not too long ago though) I didn't own more then 1 projector and we used projectors that weren't mine.

Due to the way our composition was the alignment was nearly perfect (pretty close)
But the color palletes weren't set properly (as you can see in the fades in the video.

The music is custom and can be distributed and was made by DJ matt and a little bit edited by me.

In the end you see it going a bit wrong, because i really was able to finish the show one day before the lem and did not properly test the end.
In the video above my company logo was cut out, but it's the highest quality version.

Soon I will record this lasershow in my showroom and do quality more justice (better color pallete and slightly better alignment of both projectors).

All 3D files and frames were created by me from scratch
(yes I model, rig and animate myself and set all properties and zones)
and it is a total of 16000 frames

So.. what do you guys think?

Last edited:

How do you get decent frames out of a 3d model? I tried converting a 3d scene from Maya into an ILDA file and it was so ridiculously complex I couldn't project it. Is there a trick?

ARG

That's incredible! Absolutely amazing work!

How do you get decent frames out of a 3d model? I tried converting a 3d scene from Maya into an ILDA file and it was so ridiculously complex I couldn't project it. Is there a trick?

No there is no trick.
I dont take maya frames or convert already existing models.. when it comes to making and calling something your lasershow you really need to make it.

It also is most efficient and educational when you make something yourself, for instance i can estimate how complex i can go in 3D and literally dream the stuff i make.
You should encourage making stuff yourself instead of just converting scenes :)
a 3D laser renderer is very picky on the content you create and you are trying to push the projectors detail as much as possible (while preventing flicker).
Though I can make non flicker lasershows just as great without my laser projector at hand ;)

I do use tricks to achieve some things in laser to inform the lasershow renderer what do to.
I started learning 3ds max myself when i was around 12~13 years old, and i do everything from texturing to modeling to animating to rigging to facial animation, anything myself ;)
I have an almost 7 year long experience with 3ds max and also a very good experience with Pangolin's LC-max
I have never yet used a single cue but instead drawed/created all frames and made all effects myself in all my shows myself.

Since LC-max is one of those rare vector renders I had to get familiar with it myself about 1~2 years ago but catched up extremely fast.
This is why I make manuals and help a lot of laser companies (despite existing 20 years) with 3D content or giving them advice how to make it look best or make something work at all.

If you own illustrate with ildsos or pangolins LC-max you can always mail or ask me for help ;)

I'm very happy that you all love it.
The thing is that before I ever started making laser graphics hardly anyone apreciated my work, despite it being of very good quality.
Ever since I started doing this long ago I finally noticed people were apeciating and admiring the things I did and everyday knowing that makes me smile.
In fact i'm so obsessed with laser graphics I work on laser graphics on a daily basis.. i can't really think there is a day exception or decrease of interest ever.

Last edited:
Now THAT'S a good lasershow sequence. I had heard good things about you, but all I had seen so far was that silly nyancat thing. Top shelf work here! Also, your idea of using 2 projectors is pretty slick. That should improve your fps considerably.

It's good that there are people out there working on frames and I admire your enthusiasm. Keep it up!

Sander

Hello Masterpj,

Very nice video ! I Like it a lot.
I Dream about such a projector.
I Have started with this hobby since a couple of months ago now.
But i have many plans for the future.

Merry Christmas !

Best Regards,

Sandrovsky

yay glad you used my iphone 5 recorded video.
awesome quality isnt it :)
but indeed, a damn fine show PJ :)

yay glad you used my iphone 5 recorded video.
awesome quality isnt it :)
but indeed, a damn fine show PJ :)

Here's the cool thing.
This show is soon free!

To obtain it you will have to register at Everest Laser Coming Soon!
when the site is ready that is.

This is my showportal so to speak, loads of promotions, free shows.
Contests (perhaps in the future).

Borg I need someone who has talent with the making of beamshows like u.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!