Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OMG!! terrible news= PLEASE read this and do whatever you can..

@BowtieGuy
Dont worry, its great the feeling of getting help... thanks for the donation, it will be put to good use. It really helps

I got some pics of how things are going, will upload now, check thread in a while...

Very sorry to hear about this . Your loved ones and your community will be in my families hearts. Stay strong , you will overcome.

you need a little more, PM me, I can spare it, though I am not rich, a poor man will always offer you more than a rich man. I am curious about the sabatoge. I have heard of corporations doing similar things to remove the inhabitants from a place they want to exploit. what's the story, if you know?

darn, now every one knows my real name

Last edited:
Times are hard, but lpf had help me and my family a lot...

@tmackbb4
Thanks, sure we will. With people like you, and kind words like this, everything is made easier. Thanks

@shaken
You helped me a lot already bro. No need to spare money for me... You dont need to spend your money you helped so much already. Thanks, I'm not rich and learnt that too, most poor aren't really poor, but have a rich heart. Rich, full of kindness and love for their brothers... thanks again....

About the sabotage, yeah i've heard three possibilities:
-people from another city, afraid with the levy being overloaded 6 day rain, so they tried to "drain" the whole thing the other way, into my city. This is possible because it happened same day when the warning reached the tv, and because vegetation was cut around the rupture. And water cant "cut" tall grass.

-government did shit there, maybe trying to fix something near, and it accidentally ruptured. So telling someone did it may save them from 700 people and million dollar companies from suing them

-some company or the gov itself, with bad intentions, like you said. I found this somehow unlikely, because the rupture is 3000 ft away from the hit area, its only possible if its a very carefully calculated act.

Anyways there is no official note on this, I see the main focus is helping the people left homeless.
Around 220 are living on shelters, waiting for water to drain for returning, and around 40 fully lost their homes (wooden houses maybe).

It has been a tough day but I have some pics.
Sorry bout the quality.

Picture of some debris and furniture, on the street...
Thats green couch WAS my couch.

More, up the street

Have I said the cats are fine? A pic of my male cat, named "Teco", having some rest.

One pic more of the moggies (@Ped ;))

And thats way home (first pic of the day, sorry for wrong rotation). This is a river, behind my neighboorhood. Thats not used to be here, its water from the flood, pumped back. Lets hope the new dam dont rupture...

Last edited:

Encap

There is home owners insurance in Brazil.

Does anyone there buy it, use it or is it unpopular, people leaveing everything to to government?

It is somehow unpopular. I didnt heard a single person talking about it... a insurance would be useful now

We are cleaning things up now, donations helped a lot, but we need first to clean the house with some chemicals (sterilize it) and restart things from scratch.

Anyways things are much better now...
LPF helped me a lot to calm down... Thanks again for everyone.

Last edited:
I applaud your spirit Leo.--

If this was caused by the six days of rain i seems unlikely it would happen after rather than during- maybe it was run-off from upstream,, that sometimes happens after a long rain storm. What are you doing for drinking water- ?
has the Red Cross or any other groups come to help?
In the USA we have come to think of such aid as always being there and we tend to take it for granted... maybe not in Brazil-

thanks for keeping us up to date..
len

I applaud your spirit Leo.--

If this was caused by the six days of rain i seems unlikely it would happen after rather than during- maybe it was run-off from upstream,, that sometimes happens after a long rain storm. What are you doing for drinking water- ?
has the Red Cross or any other groups come to help?
In the USA we have come to think of such aid as always being there and we tend to take it for granted... maybe not in Brazil-

thanks for keeping us up to date..
len

Drinking water is bought (mineral water, bottled).

Some BR aren't so kind as the LPF members. I'm not used to receive donations etc...
I can only thank all who donated. We will buy some furniture for mom and we will withdraw the money for that. I'll take some pics

Thanks again for all who prayed, donated or posted. Thanks all....

@Atomicrox
Thanks bro... Things are getting better, slowly

@All
Can't thank people enough for the donations and help.
Sorry all I can't answer to threads, my computer is stored already because my room is being used as a "storage" for our things that were saved from the water...

Things are better now, it will take some time before the donations can be withdrawed (~10 days because of the bank, <5days paypal), but when it is done I'll take some pics of what my family buy.

Great to hear things are starting to return to 'normal'

Floods there seem to be common- Be it river, lake, ocean or sea ... when we live nearby there are always risks. Across the street from my house is the San Bernard River. I mat an elderly man who has lived here for 6 decades- He told me that once the water was waist deep over the road that separates me from the San Bernard.

This year ,so far, we have had no hurricaines but as I type a big storm with gusts over 7- miles per hour i brewing in the Gulf of Mexico and around Vera Cruz and Tampico they are expection a huge amount of rain.

The beaches in South Padre Island and Brownsville are closed.

. Current tracking says here(~1 hour due South from Houston) we may only get much needed rain- the silver lining..

hak

Great to hear things are starting to return to 'normal'

Floods there seem to be common- Be it river, lake, ocean or sea ... when we live nearby there are always risks. Across the street from my house is the San Bernard River. I met an elderly man who has lived here for 6 decades- He told me that once the water was waist deep over the road that separates me from the San Bernard.

This year , so far, we have had no hurricaines but as I type a big storm with gusts over 70- miles per hour is brewing in the Gulf of Mexico and around Vera Cruz and Tampico they are expecting wind damage and a huge amount of rain.

The beaches in South Padre Island and Brownsville are closed.

This storm is moving very slow.

. Current tracking says here(~1 hour due South from Houston) we may only get much needed rain- the silver lining..

hak

Last edited:
Things are back to normal (well, almost). Father got some things from his friends (radioham community, so friendly ppl, just like LPF), and I got the donation money some days ago (BR banks work so slow... specially for international transations). But everything is alright now. If I have free time, I'll buy a bed, maybe a wardrobe today.

I can only thanks everyone who helped me (kind words) and donated (or both) for all of this. I know I've did it more than 5 times, but it don't hurt to thanks again :)

Now mother will be required to let me attend to LEM..... heheh

Thanks all. I'll be back in a few days, hopefully

Tmack

That's really great to hear. You and your family persevered and are now better people for it. Best of luck to you. Hopefully you will be back to lasing after all the important stuff is taken care of!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Leo, glad to hear that things are getting better!
Happy to see you're back. :wave:

@Tmack
Yeah, thanks. Watching everything we saw, from the "inside" point-of-view, really helped us mature a little bit, and know how to proceed on a flooding (that never happened before btw).
Receiving so much help (from LPF members and neighboors here) is so inspiring that I had to help people too. Some days that the flooding was going down, me and some friends roamed with flashlights (which **hopefully** will become a laser... my first custom made heatsink, not kit :eg:) trying to find someone who may need help. We donated matchboxes and batteries (stores gone closed, powerless) for people that stayed on their houses.

@BowtieGuy
Thanks! After some organizing here I'll be back for sure....