Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Older member's do you remember??

GSS

Iv'e been watching this "MeTV" channel and it's been showing some oldies from our youth:cryyy:

Anyway's "Land Of The Giant's" just started a few months ago:) and loving it:shhh:
The huge props and filming actually looks pretty good for 70's tech, except for a few times when it only took 4 little people at 6" tall to pick up a 38 revolver which i'm guessing would be 50,000 lbs to them.

Now though supposedly these little people see better at night than the giant's do. In theory would it be true or opposite?:eek:

Last edited:

Yeah... I vaguely remember that show..
I was more into the original Star Trek
myself.

Jerry

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I haven't seen that channel yet, I'll have to look for it, the oldies are always fun to re-watch again. :yh:
I was an original Star Trek fan also!

You have discovered Irwin Allen. He is the creator / producer of Land of the Giants, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel and Lost in Space. These shows were some of my favs from the sixties. I have most of the DVDs from these shows and we also get the ME TV where I livel. I grew up on all of those shows. I think Land of the Giants only lasted one season.

GSS

You have discovered Irwin Allen. He is the creator / producer of Land of the Giants, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel and Lost in Space. These shows were some of my favs from the sixties. I have most of the DVDs from these shows and we also get the ME TV where I livel. I grew up on all of those shows. I think Land of the Giants only lasted one season.
Yup! Isn't the MeTV channel great:) I grew up on them too!
This morning was "Lost In Space" followed by "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" and then "Land Of The Giant's":wave:
Giant's lasted I believe 2 years and had then a record $250,000 budget per episode so the props were great.
Weekday mornings I get to watch "77 Sunset Strip" groovie show:beer::D

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, Voyage to the bottom of the sea and Lost in space, those bring back old memories! Bruce, you just brought me to the "way back" machine. :yh:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Or, you could use the time travel machine from the original "Journey to the center of the earth" movie! :yh:

I remember those shows, but rarely watched them. I was into Maverick, Star Trek, even early Gunsmoke. Westerns were much of my childhood along with the twilight zone and a few scifi shows back then. Oh, I was a fan of the Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Last edited:
Captain Satellite, Star Trek, Outer Limits, Twilght Zone, Superman, Gilligan’s Island... A few I grew up with, or as a young adult.

Hi I remember all these programs all were captivating to me at the time
Rich:)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Captain Satellite, Star Trek, Outer Limits, Twilght Zone, Superman, Gilligan’s Island... A few I grew up with, or as a young adult.

I watched them all except Captain Satellite, never heard of that show; but all the others were definitely on my to watch list, couldn't miss watching Mary Ann, ....I mean Gilligans Island. :D

Conan the Barbarian, Beastmaster, 007, Superman, Six million dollar man, and other :D

Reactions: GSS
I'm just learning about these shows (actually I've been watching that channel for a year), and they are way better than what's on today, though the effects and scenery is sometimes just silly. I can't stand Batman, every part of it.

Back to the original question, I think the smaller people can see smaller details more easily because they are both closer to objects, and are able to focus closer. But, the giants have bigger eyes which should gather more light and have better resolution because of a larger retina surface area, but then again if their optics are scaled up perfectly including the retina, then maybe the extra light wouldn't make much difference in brightness or resolution. Cameras with bigger pixel sizes have better low light sensitivity, so maybe giants could too? And image processing speed would likely be much slower for a giant because of the greater distance between the eyes and nerves and all that.

Reactions: GSS
Hi
Never heard of Captain Satellite. Need to google that one .. Gunsmoke Big Vally Bonanza Rifleman

Rich:)