Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

OK So What Fits in this Host?

Hey Black,

I wouldn't buy a host from Ebay, that's just my opinion, just wanted to let you know. Aren't good on quality and who knows what could happen to it. But if you like it, go for it :beer:

The aixiz module should fit nicely into the head of that host. If your diode isn't in an aixiz module, then make sure its 12mm in diamter or smaller. if you need a driver as well, buy a diode+driver in module from DTR (<-link). Third option down on.

The aixiz module should fit nicely into the head of that host. If your diode isn't in an aixiz module, then make sure its 12mm in diamter or smaller. if you need a driver as well, buy a diode+driver in module from DTR (<-link). Third option down on.

My module is 12mm in diameter. I need to know if I need a heatsink if I were to get a Boost Driver Set at 445mA

the host head is a heatsink... sorta hard to fit a heatsink in a heatsink (unless its a heatsinkception) will be a cool build when done. keep us updated :beer:

I believe (correct me if i'm wrong) that the Joker uses these host maybe you could ask him?

NO4H99

No heatsink needed, its already built in. Just press-fit you module. Just keep in mind that it may be made for an 11.9mm green module not a 12mm aixiz module - in which case yours would not fit. If it does, just make sure to press the module down just far enough so that the beam is focused how you want it (for example, focused to infinity when turned all the way to the left). You will also have to put the lens in the focusing can instead to in the holder it comes in. Feel free to pm me if you need more help.

I replied your PM blackfire ^^.

As I said , this host is enough for a 650nm or 532nm but the 405nm diode will be too much.

I had a 405nm 400mW that I got from my supplier in this host. It died very quickly.

For a 405nm I suggest a bigger host that has a bigger heatsink.

:beer:

Last edited:
Is there already a thread kinda like this one??
anyway- i think it should get stickied and many get hosts
and help from others who have used them is great.
There sure are a ton of LED lights-
BBL with a link to an interesting yet low priced potential host.

hk