Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Oh no... WL does it again!

Rowsdower_cdspayer.jpg

Something like this photoshopped image come to mind when I heard about this "sith" crap lol

I have no idea who would even want to buy such a thing. $600 for something completely useless. Anyways, at least there is a mandatory training video and test.

"With greater power comes the need for greater responsibility, Wicked Lasers now requires every potential customer to review the Laser Safety Training video and pass a mandatory Laser Safety Test. The Sith Laser is the first laser product that requires the buyer to pass a Laser Safety Test to qualify for purchase.

Warning: This may look like a futuristic weapon, but attempting to play or duel with a pair of Class 4 burning lasers will result in permanent blindness to anyone exposed to the Sith's Dual Laser beams and/or reflection. "

Last edited:

Pilgor

I still can't imagine the negative output this product will have on our hobby. It's not gonna be good when people are blinding each other while have "saber" fights. I'm repeating myself, but this is totally retarded. As for the test, people who own gun licenses still shoot people.

Last edited:

HIMNL9

Just for add some fun to the thread ..... it's a fail also cause the sith blades are around 635nm, not 445nm :p :crackup:

(anyway, if they can provide me 2x1W handheld 635nm units, for that money, maybe ..... :p :D)

Epic. Now not only you pose a danger to yourself *or* those around you, but both at the same time! Hell yeah! just what I've always wanted.

Not.

I'm sure "you know who" will post a video of how to 'hack' it into a 4-way. And wave safety glasses in front of the camera again as if to say "See? I'm doing this just for you! Not because I know it's the right thing to do, but because you kept bugging me about it!"

After all, he does promote the forums for the company that's making this absurdity.

DrSid

Looks like they found the Lucasfilm affair to be a good advertisement ..

And you were afraid people will blind themselves with Arctic ! This setup can only be useful at one thing .. hitting as many people around you as possible ..

"Guidelines for safe operation: Because the Sith is difficult to master, please exercise extreme caution when using this device. Do not point it at any persons, animals, vehicles, or valuables. Wear the properly rated laser safety glasses at all times and only operate a double-bladed laser with 2 lasers of the same wavelength. Because of the dual nature of this device, activate only one laser beam at a time, and do not move the Sith laser when activated, unless you are in a controlled environment."

Has it's own special guidelines, lol...It shouldn't need it's own special guidelines because it SHOULDN'T EXIST. It's really worth 600 dollars to occasionally go, "Hey, look at me! I'm that bad guy from that over-rated movie series! (and not even the good half of it)"

DrSid

You see ? Activate only one beam at a time ! So where is the problem ?

:umbrella:

Last edited:

eexe

No, they just watched "The Phantom Menace".
If George Luca$ was mad when the original Arctic "lightsaber" came out,
what would he say about this one?:shhh:
Maybe someone should send him an email.:crackup:
Maybe you meant a rocket? Bomb? SWAT team? :undecided:
This is just sad. I'm really sad now.

Fenzir

I'm pretty sure we could make a quad-beam laser here for that much dough :whistle:

Do they really believe anyone buying this would only use 1 Laser at a time and Not move the laser around when on?

Wow... It's ridiculously Huge and as other have mentioned it's still 445 nm (Not really Sith name Worthy), There Retardation is Complex on many different Levels...

They should just start selling drugs if they need the $ so Bad, would harm less people...