Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like vs Focalprice vs Dragon Lasers glasses

Lumify

I read somewhere on this forum that these 405nm,473nm,532nm laser safety goggles [OLGLG532] - $19.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products are the same glasses as these http://www.focalprice.com/LP076X/Professional_Anti_Green_Laser_Glassess.html Is this true? If so, I just paid too much. :scowl:

Also, how do those glasses compare to these Laser Glasses - UV to Green Lasers Protection 190-548nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers in terms of OD? I know they claim to have >5 and >4 respectively, but I'm not gullible enough to believe either one of them without checking with the rest of the world first. Has anyone actually tested these? I have seen many many mixed reviews on the O-like ones, but everyone seems to have different results with them somehow. Even if you haven't tested them, how would you rate them in terms of build quality, protection, and style?

EDIT-6/17---Review
I have the O-like goggles, and I finally got the Dragon Lasers goggles after about a week of it sitting at the post office. The USPS decided that they like to deliver mail at inconvenient times, so I wasn't available to sign for the DL goggles for a while. I don't have a decent camera on me so I can't take pictures of the dot comparisons and goggles at the moment, but I'll post pics once I can. I felt it was important to give a quick review right away of the two goggles.

The O-like goggles are a disappointment. According to their website, O-like's goggles are OD5+ from 370-560. They aren't. There is no way I am seeing less than 1/100,000th (I believe that's what OD5 means...) of the 532nm light of my 50mW green after it passes through the goggles. I don't have any other lasers on me (other than red) at the moment to rate these on. When wearing the O-like goggles and shining the 50mW green on a white wall right in front of me, the reflected light going into my eyes isn't hard on the eyes and potentially dangerous as it would be without the goggles, but I can still see a clear, relatively bright green dot in front of me. It's only 50mW. Sorry O-like, but that's not OD5. They are more like OD 1 or 2. I suppose they aren't too bad for 50mW, but I would never trust my eyes with these on anything much more powerful.

I am much happier with the Dragon Lasers goggles. I turned on that 50mW green and put on the goggles. I remember thinking "Oh no! I think my laser just broke because it's not emitting any light!" When Dragon Lasers says that their goggles are a certain OD, they are telling the truth. After pointing the beam right in front of me, I just barely saw a tiny speck on the wall. It didn't even look green at all. It appeared to be a light orange color. Now I know what laser safety goggles are really supposed to be like. I'm actually comfortable using these goggles with higher powered lasers because I know that if a stray beam bounces into my eye, I won't be blinded forever. The only thing I disliked about these goggles is that there is a small gap between the bottom of the glasses and my face. It's not anything to really worry about though, as you are more likely to get blinded by flying laser attack ninja pigs :D than get a laser beam shot through that little gap.

With shipping costs to the US taken into consideration, the Dragon Lasers goggles cost about $50 and the O-like goggles cost about $25. Are your eyes really worth that extra $25?

edit 7/9: It looks like O-like is now selling different goggles than the ones I have. I don't know if the filter is different though.

Last edited:

Lumify

Thanks, I can't believe I didn't see that! I just ordered a pair. I need something that I could wear without getting laughed at. :cool:

I have two pairs of glasses from DL, both are top notch quality and work fantastic. You are right to not trust focalprice or o-like, but DL is a very reputable CNI reseller, if they say its OD 5, then its OD 5....

Lumify

I have heard a lot of good things about Dragon Lasers. I ordered theirs and a $20 pair from O-Like. I'm just going to test both of them, and if the O-like ones aren't too bad I might let people around me use them when I'm showing them my lasers. I'll take pics of the comparison in a few days.

i have the focal lasers one and all i can say is you cant see the beam and the dot is tiny so they must work i dont wear them because i like to see the laser and i cant with them on which would be useful if you were burning something but i do wear them when i try to do that
maybe helpful idk my 2 cents

i have the focal lasers one and all i can say is you cant see the beam and the dot is tiny so they must work i dont wear them because i like to see the laser and i cant with them on which would be useful if you were burning something but i do wear them when i try to do that
maybe helpful idk my 2 cents

You mean focalprice? If so then they are good glasses, about the only good thing from focal price....

Next time, please use proper punctuation.

Welcome to LPF!
EDIT: Read This:http://laserpointerforums.com/f37/read-before-posting-lpf-forum-etiquette-50917.html

Last edited:

Kevlar

I have two pairs of glasses from DL, both are top notch quality and work fantastic. You are right to not trust focalprice or o-like, but DL is a very reputable CNI reseller, if they say its OD 5, then its OD 5....

I bought two pairs from DL as well on kingdaves advice (thanks Dave +1!!:thanks:) and they are top notch. They don't look too bad either but when it comes to eye safety looks should be the least of your concern. :)

i forgot to say mine is a 200 mW so you would be able to see it also yes it was focalprice my typo

Grix

There are two types of focalprice goggles, good ones and bad ones, when you buy from O-like you are guaranteed the good ones.

Lumify

Update-I reviewed both of the goggles, check it out in the OP.