Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-like site down?

I am starting to think that customs caught my laser.

It has now been 13 days since I ordered it and 8 days since it was shipped out and I received a tracking number.

I keep checking the tracking number on both HK post and usps.... and both sites say that there is no item.

I have a feeling that customs caught it. I know that it takes a while to ship from HK, but after 8 days, you would think the tracking information would be up.

And this previous post by superglue is even adding to my suspicions. :undecided:

I just emailed Susie from o-like today, to see if she knew anything about it....
I am still waiting on a reply.

I am starting to think that customs caught my laser.

It has now been 13 days since I ordered it and 8 days since it was shipped out and I received a tracking number.

I keep checking the tracking number on both HK post and usps.... and both sites say that there is no item.

I have a feeling that customs caught it. I know that it takes a while to ship from HK, but after 8 days, you would think the tracking information would be up.

And this previous post by superglue is even adding to my suspicions. :undecided:

I just emailed Susie from o-like today, to see if she knew anything about it....
I am still waiting on a reply.

tbh i have never heard of a laser from o-like getting caught by customs.
even if it does im sure susie will make it right.

stuart :)

I just placed my first order with them yesterday, so now I'm gonna cross my fingers and practice patience. The last time I ordered something from China, it took about 3 weeks, so I'm not holding my breath. It takes a while to row a boat from Hong Kong to the US. :D

Hurray!,

The Tracking number now shows something!

-----------------------------------------------------
Label/Receipt Number: **** **** **** *
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on April 15, 2010 at 2:53 PM. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
-------------------------------------------------------

I received this reply back from Susie about my order early this morning...

Thanks for your support on our wesbsite ,I just checked from post office that the goods shipping of April 07 and April 08,April 09 goods are all strict checked by customs , maybe raid or other cause . anyway I got that it is through customs ,and will be on the internet within 3days

sorry for inconvenience

Thanks
Susie

Something similar happened to me; I ordered on April 3rd and received a tracking number on the 11th. The tracking number didn't show up on the Hong Kong Post's website or USPS's website, so I emailed Susie and got a similar reply:

Dear Mithchell

I just checked from post office that the goods shipping of April 07 and April 08 goods are all strict checked by customs , maybe raid or other cause . anyway I got that it is through customs ,and will be on the internet within 3days

sorry for inconvenience

Thanks
Susie

The tracking number still doesn't show up, but I have optimism because of superglue's most recent post:
Hurray!,

The Tracking number now shows something!

-----------------------------------------------------
Label/Receipt Number: **** **** **** *
Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item was accepted in HONG KONG on April 15, 2010 at 2:53 PM. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
-------------------------------------------------------

Wish me luck!

Same thing with me man,
I ordered mine on the 4th. My tracking number still does not work on either USPS or HK post's website.

Susie gave me the same exact response that she gave you and Supergule. Which actually made me quite angry. China customs strict checked all orders shipped on 7,8 and 9th....... and what did they decide to do, hold all shipments for 6-8 days?? WTH seriously?

I am normally very patient, but I am now starting to loose my cool.
Superglue's tracking number JUST NOW started working, and JUST NOW says that it was accepted in Hong Kong.

You know what this means? IF and When our tracking numbers finally show up, they will be just accepted in Hong Kong. Which means about another 10-15 days to have it shipped to our places.

I heard some people had to wait 1-2 weeks AFTER the item arrived in the US.
Our packages have not even been accepted into Hong Kong post yet.

I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, but I would not have ordered if I knew it would take a month or more to get my package.

Before you get too impatient, please consider one thing:
Time is money.

You ordered from a company located on the other side of the world in order to pay the minimum for the product and shipping.

If you want to save time, you will have to cough up the dough.

You should already know that there is a risk when importing illegal items from another country. And you should also already know that shipping from China is slow and often unpredictable.

By the way, if customs is checking an item, they will hold it for as long as they want or need to complete the inspection. They are not being paid to expedite the arrival of your illegal purchased goods, so don't expect them to.

Don't expect too much when you are paying the bare minimum.

Same thing with me man,
I ordered mine on the 4th. My tracking number still does not work on either USPS or HK post's website.

Susie gave me the same exact response that she gave you and Supergule. Which actually made me quite angry. China customs strict checked all orders shipped on 7,8 and 9th....... and what did they decide to do, hold all shipments for 6-8 days?? WTH seriously?

I am normally very patient, but I am now starting to loose my cool.
Superglue's tracking number JUST NOW started working, and JUST NOW says that it was accepted in Hong Kong.

You know what this means? IF and When our tracking numbers finally show up, they will be just accepted in Hong Kong. Which means about another 10-15 days to have it shipped to our places.

I heard some people had to wait 1-2 weeks AFTER the item arrived in the US.
Our packages have not even been accepted into Hong Kong post yet.

I don't mean to sound impatient or anything, but I would not have ordered if I knew it would take a month or more to get my package.

Before you get too impatient, please consider one thing:
Time is money.

You ordered from a company located on the other side of the world in order to pay the minimum for the product and shipping.

If you want to save time, you will have to cough up the dough.

You should already know that there is a risk when importing illegal items from another country. And you should also already know that shipping from China is slow and often unpredictable.

By the way, if customs is checking an item, they will hold it for as long as they want or need to complete the inspection. They are not being paid to expedite the arrival of your illegal purchased goods, so don't expect them to.

Don't expect too much when you are paying the bare minimum.

Yea I know :eek:
I knew when I ordered it that it would take a while.
I guess I just didn't expect customs to hold it for a week.

I am one of those people where, If I can see what is going on with my package, I will patiently wait two months.

It is just the fear caused by my tracking number not working, that is making me a bit impatient. I just like to see whats going on.... To make sure that it didn't get confiscated or anything.

Whenever I buy anything from China, I just dont think about it. Then one day, BAM, YEEAAH BOOOOOY!!!