Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like POWERFUL 635NM 500MW RED LASER TORCH /FOCUSABLE/WATEPROOF/BURNING

Hello,

I am considering buying this laser from O-like.

I searched the forum and did not find any review about it.

Anyone has had any experience with this laser?

Opinions wil be appreciated.

Thanks.
:yh:

I've heard olike is a decent place to buy from. Not the best, but not one to avoid. I haven't ordered from them, but know members that hav had good experiences

NO4H99

TheJoker301 built me mine and I absolutely love it. About the same price as well - and it hits 650ish (almost 1w with G-2 lens).

Thanks for the replies, guys, but I am interested with comments with respect to this spesific laser.

I'm not sure so many people bought that specific laser. It just doesn't seem, at least to me, something many people would want

It's likely a 638 Mitsi....you could build it yourself with a host kit for about the same price and get more power. Just remember beam divergence is terrible with 638's.

and it hits 650ish (almost 1w with G-2 lens).

How are you getting 1w with a 650?

you may be doing yourself a disservice by not being open to suggestions.

at least contact Blord and see what he can do for you. he will not steer you wrong.

you may be doing yourself a disservice by not being open to suggestions.

at least contact Blord and see what he can do for you. he will not steer you wrong.

I understand your point, and probably that is what I will do eventually.

I started with checking O-like's laser, and asked them these questions:

1. What is the real output power, 500mw or 400mw?

2. Is it continuous wave?

3. What is the beam divergence?

4. What is the duty cycle?

Susie replied:

1. It is >400mW

2. It is Muticode wavelength

3. It is around 2-3 mrad ,the beam dot is rectangle shape not round

4. Better within 1 minite operation then be off 1 minute

What is 'Muticode wavelength'?
:thinking:

My thoughts too. Well I know mr no4a just got his olike from a friend of mine and from what I understand is very happy . If that's a laser that tickles your fancy, then go for it.

The o-like laser looks very nice ... However the heatsink is super small. I had a 400mW 405nm from them in the same power-rock host ... It died after a month or so. And I didn't use it much.

This is the actuall point in time when I started to build lasers. About a year ago.

I am not trying to sell my lasers ... but I do build 500mW 635nm for around $130 - $150. Depends on host etc ...

Blord also build customs lasers in the 501B host like me. You can also ask him about a 635nm laser. Again , blord builds and my builds has a better heatsink than this power-rock host.

There are also much more builders here at lpf ... Try one of them before buying from chinese companies.

:beer: