Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like Bargain Zone 400mw portable green laser.

Lasher

This is a quick first impression review of my new O-like 400mw Bargain Zone laser.

400mW portable green laser£*>Bargain zone£*>Laser&lighting products£*>www.0-like.com

Let me start off by first saying that so far I'm very happy with this laser.

I ordered this laser on the 7th of Oct and it arrived on the 5th of Nov so the shipping time was not what anyone would call speedy but it arrived safely and that is the important thing. From China to here is a lot of bouncing.

The packing was amazing. I've never seen so much bubble wrap crammed into such a small package lol. I don't think the Harlem Globetrotters could have bounced it enough to damage it.

When I first ask about this laser one of my first questions was "Does it come with a Battery and Charger and if not what would be the best price Susie could give me with them included.

I was quite surprised with the reply I got saying she would throw in a battery and charger free and sell me the full set for $355 :drool:

That is below the list price of the laser itself that sells on the site for $365 without the extras.

She also recommended that I have the Tail Cap, Battery and Charger shipped separately to ease its passage through US customs.

No battery or tail cap means no way for them to test output (very smart).

That was $4.00 extra for the extra package shipping and that sounded great to me.

So for $359 I have what seems to be an amazing laser!

Susie at my request sent me a chart done with a Laserbee I, showing this laser doing between 380-405mw.

Now keep in mind this is a non-IR Filtered laser but thats still pretty damn sweet for the price IMHO.

I did a little testing on this with a Black CD Case and even with it focused for the best divergence at a distance it can punch holes in the case with ease in under 8sec.

I got the idea from a video on uTube of a 400mw Hulk doing this same thing. The hulk can do it in 5sec flat but I have no idea how it was focused.

For me it simply means mine takes a little longer for the same type of performance for a little less money :) $359 for the O-like vs $1499 for the Hulk. for that kind of money I can wait the extra 3 sec :evil:

The laser itself is made of what appears to be solid aluminum and all the threads fit well and don't squeak.

The button is a click on click off type not a push and hold like you find in most pen style pointers and has a solid click to it even though the button looks like a cheap plastic.

Above the button is a blue indicator light to let you know the laser is in the on position which is controlled by a set of keys and keyhole in the bottom of the tailcap.

It should be noted that the key can be removed when the laser is on which to me is a nice feature. Who wants a set of keys dangling off the bottom of their lightsaber :evil:

The front of the laser has a nice cap with a slide lever that shuts to protect it from dust when not in use. This looks to also be made of aluminum and has a very solid feel to it.

When the front cap is removed you find the focusing plate. It is basicly a threaded piece of aluminum with a hole in it and a lens glued to the underside that lets you control the focusing point of the laser.

It has 2 dimples in the metal on either side of the lens that are used to turn the plate.

When I ask about how this laser was to be focused I recieved a picture of these 2 holes and was told no special tool was required to turn the plate and to just use a tooth pick.

It kind of made me laugh to think of using such a high tech tool as a "Tooth Pick" to adjust a high powered laser :crackup:

I have to say it works perfectly though with just a simple spin with a tooth pic I can adjust the focus with ease.

All in all I have to say I am very pleased with the Laser and would recommend it to anyone looking for high power on a budget.

For the $$ spent I believe it will be hard to beat.

I will try to add pic's of everything as I take them and of course some beam shots when I get a chance to set up my camera at night.

Thanks for reading :)

Lasher

Last edited:

Lasher

A few daytime pic's :)

4080521541_fd32952e27_o.jpg

4080521807_46d912d8ba_o.jpg

4081281560_a136ca9ce9_o.jpg

4081282606_f4fd93f125_o.jpg

4081282818_b674e667ca_o.jpg

4080522577_4752b569c7_o.jpg

4090419273_73efddf40a_o.jpg

4090418761_83d9754dd7_o.jpg

4090418233_aff108854b_o.jpg

4091185320_570b72f2f8_o.jpg

4091185578_c62d0132bf_o.jpg

4091184644_b2737b83c3_o.jpg

Just to update I've found that simply moving the Laser back about 2 feet from the CD case allows me to burn holes through it in under 4 seconds flat!! Woot!!

It just keeps getting better :D

Night shots comming soon.

Lasher

Last edited:
Yeah dude, that laser is killer value. I have the same one. Just waiting on the tail cap to arrive but with a jimmied cap and an IR filter it is putting out around 300+mW

Moderator!! Please delete this thread. I don't even have my Optotronics 100mW yet and Lasher had to tease me with this review:scowl:

Lasher

It's calling to you man. You know you won't be happy till you get one lmao.

Lasher

Rob

Wow, for that price it's a steal! Seems like killer power too. Just another laser I'll have to add to my "to get list" in the future.

Lasher

Added a few shots I took tonight at dusk. Sorry about the shake. I need to invest in a tripod. Holding the Laser in one hand and my Nikon in the other in low light does not make for the best photos.

I hope these photos and review help others on this forum that are thinking about this laser.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I'm no expert but I want to try and give back to the forum since it has gave so much knowledge to me.

Lasher

Nice review & PIX, Lasher !!! BTW, LOVED your Country Crock pen holder in the background. Gave me my giggle for today. I'm gonna have to get off my a** & do a review of my High-Powered Green I got from Faona at RAYFOSS. It's a non-filtered 550-600mW that I got with battery, charger, & goggles for $400.00. My best reading so far on my Laserbee Deluxe LPM is 623mW's. Not too shabby for the price I paid !!! I wonder if GSquared18 is gonna ask to have this post removed also. HA HA HA rob

Lasher

I have a matching Country Crock spare change holder in my bedroom....lmao. :crackup:

No GSquared18 is just gonna buy a 200mw green (Hoping it will curb his addiction) and keep coming back to this review till he sells it(Give him 2wks tops lol) and then buy the same 400mw cause he just can't stand it :crackup:

I look forward to your review. That Rayfoss looks like a nice unit.

Lasher

Thanks Lasher, it IS a nice unit, I'll get to my review as soon as I'm feeling better. (I'm a bit UNDER the weather BECAUSE of the weather.) Back troubles as usual, F**K !!!!!!!
rob

Rob

Nice review & PIX, Lasher !!! BTW, LOVED your Country Crock pen holder in the background. Gave me my giggle for today. I'm gonna have to get off my a** & do a review of my High-Powered Green I got from Faona at RAYFOSS. It's a non-filtered 550-600mW that I got with battery, charger, & goggles for $400.00. My best reading so far on my Laserbee Deluxe LPM is 623mW's. Not too shabby for the price I paid !!! I wonder if GSquared18 is gonna ask to have this post removed also. HA HA HA rob

Hahaha I though I was the only one who noticed that pen holder. :p
I should get one like that, too bad I haven't eaten the stuff in years.

On topic: I can't believe how amazing those beam shots are, even in a relatively well lighted area.

Lasher

I'm glad you like the beam shots. Those are with no smoke in the room or any photoshoping just the laser.

I'll get some pic's in my house soon with an incense stick burning at night and add them soon.

The thing makes my Ledshoppe 50mw look like a toy to me now and it is a bright laser in its own right.

Lasher

Rob

I'm glad you like the beam shots. Those are with no smoke in the room or any photoshoping just the laser.

I'll get some pic's in my house soon with an incense stick burning at night and add them soon.

The thing makes my Ledshoppe 50mw look like a toy to me now and it is a bright laser in its own right.

Lasher

Yeah, that's what I find the most mind blowing, that there's no smoke. What a powerful laser. :D

Thanks Lasher, it IS a nice unit, I'll get to my review as soon as I'm feeling better. (I'm a bit UNDER the weather BECAUSE of the weather.) Back troubles as usual, F**K !!!!!!!
rob

I've been having back troubles for about 3 weeks now and ive never had that before.. never thought it could be the cold weather... hmm

Lasher, thats a great deal for that laser, I was considering ordering one myself... maybe after christmas ill be able to scrape together some cash for one of those babies.:lasergun: