Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like, 405nm glass lens

Hi All,

Has anyone else bought one of these?http://o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=980

Mine arrived yesterday and I put it on a SF-AW210 diode that registered 247mW, with aixiz acrylic, on a laserbeeI. With the o-like glass, it registered 270mW.
I was being a cheap-o and was hoping this lens would work with similar results to those of Jayrob's and LarryDFW's. It didn't :(
I got what I paid for. Half the price, half the power increase= not worth it to me.

I was wondering if anyone else has purchased one and tested it? Maybe I read the advertisement wrong (20% increase, according to their site)??

Attachments

• phr glass & module.jpg
    phr glass & module.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 296
  • glass in host.jpg
    glass in host.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 267
  • splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

ColdStl;

That is the way, we all learn.

O'like site now states "20% power loss through it" (vs.3.5% for Hi-Power).

This is probably also the new lens that Aixiz is said to be bringing out.

You got a . . . . 9.3% increase for $31 from O'like ( or $25+ship f/LSP)

Hi-Power Lens Assy - 28-30% for $57 invested.

Plus, potentially longer diode life, due to reduced reflection...
and a narrower beam.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
You guys forgot the Black Anodized housing with the threaded
ring to mount the Laser Diode and the ample room for a Driver...:whistle:

Jerry

Laserbee;

It is a nice housing ...

but the lens alone is $26 from O'like.

LarryDFW

Last edited:
But she won't sell just the housing for $2.00...:crackup:
Of course the 405nm lens I got from you and Jay is
not the same horse...

Jerry

Last edited:
I wasn't gonna admit it, but.... I bought it from LSP ( I figured they got it from o-like was why I posted that link). They offer the lens separately for $18.50.
I paid the $25 for the lens and module. The module is alright, but I still only got about 10% increase vs. the 28-30% from the lenses offered here. That's what hurts the most. I would have been more than happy for the stated 20% increase, according to LSP's website. GRRR...

edit: So I paid roughly half the price for about 1/3 of the power I would've got if I would've ordered from LPF.

Last edited:
oops sorry! I used to get notified of when people respond to threads I posted in...
I will post a couple of pics in a couple of hours, it's still light outside here in Cali.

Cool...thanks man. I just want to know if the dot has splash around it. I want glass but no splash or lines.

Pics on first post. My photo skills aren't muy bueno, but I think I captured the "splash" that was asked about. An AW-SF210 "laser diode" (you're welcome ChipDouglas:crackup:) @249mw with the o-like glass.
It doesn't look as bad in person as it does in the photo, but then again it's pretty bright and isn't easy to look at for very long.

edit: I placed an aixiz lens and focus ring in the o-like module for comparison, in the pic on the first post.

Last edited:
Do the threads on the lens fit an aixis module?

yes they do, but there aren't any threads on the tip for a focus ring.
Hard to tell from the pic... the black host has an aixiz module in it, the phr glass lens fits nicely.

Last edited:
Sorry to bump an old thread.

So these are the same as the lenses on the o-like chrome 405nm pointers? I bought one of these pointers a while back and was wondering how to get these apart.

ColdSTL said:
but there aren't any threads on the tip for a focus ring.
Does this mean that on the threaded lens assembly barrel, the silver finger grip doesn't unscrew? I also noticed mine has an o-ring around the neck. Same lens as yours?

Edit: So you can still use the same technique to get these apart as you would an Aixiz glass lens. It's press-fitted, but if you turn it, it "wiggles" itself out eventually. Just instead of only turning CCW, you have the option of turning CW too. From there you will need a wide screwdriver or a spanner wrench. I had a screwdriver that fit, but the lens retaining ring is very stuck in there. It felt like it was thread-lok'd and I might have seen a little evidence of gray threadlok.
This lens is a 3-element lens, and has an o-ring seal... which doesn't really make contact with the inner surface of the laser pointer... the individual lenses are in the same order as the glass Aixiz lens, and it looks like all of the lenses have the yellow-hue'd coating.. except for maybe the concave-convex lens' convex surface? They're between 5 and 6 mm in diameter, though closer to 6 than 5. Alas, the measuring tool I had on hand is only a wooden ruler, so those are very approximate measurements (if you couldn't tell already).
Anyways, that's what I found out about my O-like lens. Hope it helps.
The lens barrel was verry dusty on the inside, a fine dust, like toner fineness.

Last edited: