Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 400mW 532nm (Very Overspec)

Aaron

It has etchings where the diode is most likely pressed, these act as a heat dissipator.

Did you mean where the diode is in the DPSS module? or did you think there was actually a green diode there? I am confused.

Arshus

No green diode!!?!!? Whats next no santa? No easterbunny!!?!
?! lol

But yes, it dissipates heat from the IR diode, and probably from the crystals that convert the 1064 light to 532. What proto said.

Last edited:

Arshus

woohoo! Very nice! Watchout not to run it for more than 60 sec spurts at that beast of a power.

-Sal

Arshus

Thank you :) Its still up and running, I use it every day for a 2-3 duty cycles. Its my favorite green.

-Sal

Holy crap... Half watt green for that price???

I've had my eye on this and have been meaning to buy it for a while, even though I believed it was underspec for that price.

I guess I'll grab one as soon as they're back in stock. (But they're always out :cryyy:)

plexus

Just wondering how you measured the IR only? If you used a filter to filter out the green, did you account for IR absorption in the medium? Most 532nm DPSS lasers have a lot more IR leak, and for a combined ~500mW laser, having somewhere around 200mw of IR is not uncommon. O-like themselves say that this laser after IR filtering puts out 300-350mW. It would be great to know your methodology for measuring IR. typically one will use an IR filter to filter out the IR and measure only the 532nm output.

DJNY

Its not easy taking nightshots in the city when you dont have a nice balcony like DJ lol. But then again he does live in a penitentiary :p.
-Sal

Just saw it. I should :spank: you for this hehe.

At least I don´t have a balcony. It is the corriodr to ou (f***ing neighbours). On the first day we (my gal and me) stayed in this flat, we were aroused by the neighbour-woman who knocked at the bedroom window to say "good morning!!". There weren´t curtains there. Our neighbours use the "balcony" for deposit things they don´t need. The net at the balcony is for their cat. I´m goin to move in the next 2-3 months - gladly :wave:

you know, the production of this laser is just one factory. laser over 200mw is expensive in production. the factory can not keep the production of laser like this kind in a large scale to aviod risk.