Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-like <400mW 405nm

If you did the express shipping option through DHL, they can not send the battery with it and will send it via regular mail system with the charger. That is what I read on O-Like's web page.

upgrade expediated shipping choice

expediated shipping ,It will be DHL or EMS depending on your place

4-6days shipping time

Pls notice that express don't accept battery .

So we will ship battey and charger seperately via normal airmail which is slower than laser .

Last edited:

Oh you are very close! unfortunately I dug out my 18650 and the positive end has been puking on itself. Im gonna have to throw it away

Okay so yesterday I ordered batteries and a charger. They both should get here by Friday or Saturday. I know I will get a battery and charger from o-like but I'm impatient. I actually might get the batteries I ordered tomorrow so I hope they will have a little juice in them.

Sounds good, I just ordered that same laser this morning from O-like's page. I may have to do the same as what you are doing. lol

GOT MY BATTERIES!!! took pics but not working on my slow basement computer... Will post pics later tonight or tomorrow when my dad gets off our new computer.

Quick thing I need to say, there is a good amount of scatter around the main dot and because the beam is sort of oval if you turn the laser around the beam brightens and fades. Everything else is great. So here are some quick photos. these are with fog except for the last one comparing the beam of my new o-like to my 40-50mw ebay laser. The ebay laser is the bright dot above the brighter dot. My camera didn't pick up its beam even though it was right next to the camera.

Oh and dont worry, my sister in the second picture had her eyes closed while I took the picture.

Also in the third I would like to point out the scatter. If you look to the upper left of the dot you will see this blob of scatter. It's not as bad as it looks as the blob is on white curtains that fluoresce while the dot is on my black backpack. There is also a circle of scatter around the dot. It is pretty big and its about twice as big as the one seen in the picture that is caused by my crappy camera.

Sorry for the unorganized writing. Im just a lazy writer. Feel free to ask questions about the laser.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 180
Does it burn/torch?

Right now I have it focused to infinity and it still burns. I actually havnt burned much with it focused... I focused it to infinity so perfectly i just can't defocus it. It wont light a candle but it will char just about anything that gets in its path. with my laser focused to infinity paper will not flame up but it will have the red glowing burn things travel around the paper.

I did do a few things with the laser focused to burn though. I cut through a piece of black foam that came with my CNI laser, I burnt a hole through my pen in a few seconds, and I sliced right through a plastic bag like nothing was there.

bning with the laser focused to infinity is still awesome. I actually get to see what I am burning unlike when I focus my laser and hit the sweet spot. If you dont know already, when the laser gets focused to a tiny dot and the laser is burning at its best the dot becomes very bright. I am not sure why this happens though...:thinking:

Hi All

I also purchased the O-Like 405nm 400mW, running it with a 18650 2400maH 3.7v Battery

Wish i had a LPM to test the true output. Susie said mine was 380mW.

Please post your results if you can test yours :))

Hi Again

I've uploaded some Pics. The resolution limit of 800x600 on LPF is quite sad. <-- *PS. No fog was added*

Took a few pics of the 400mW 405nm alone. (35feet / 10.5meters shot to Wall) *Susie said mine is 380mw on her LPM*
I managed to light a match with the 405nm at 35feet, quite easily (no special focusing, just made the dot as small as possible from 10meters away)

Then a few other pics to compare to my 300mW O-like 650nm(Red) and 200mw 532nm(Green)

Please upload some of your shots or LPM Readings

Pictures taken in indoor Bar/Braai area (barbaque room). Enjoy

Attachments

• P1030190 (2).JPG
    P1030190 (2).JPG
    35 KB · Views: 167
  • P1030193_resize.JPG
    P1030193_resize.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 210
  • P1030195_resize.JPG
    P1030195_resize.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 158
  • P1030197_resize.JPG
    P1030197_resize.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 163
  • P1030203_resize.JPG
    P1030203_resize.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 176
  • P1030205_resize.JPG
    P1030205_resize.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Quick thing I need to say, there is a good amount of scatter around the main dot and because the beam is sort of oval if you turn the laser around the beam brightens and fades. Everything else is great. So here are some quick photos. these are with fog except for the last one comparing the beam of my new o-like to my 40-50mw ebay laser. The ebay laser is the bright dot above the brighter dot. My camera didn't pick up its beam even though it was right next to the camera.

Oh and dont worry, my sister in the second picture had her eyes closed while I took the picture.

Also in the third I would like to point out the scatter. If you look to the upper left of the dot you will see this blob of scatter. It's not as bad as it looks as the blob is on white curtains that fluoresce while the dot is on my black backpack. There is also a circle of scatter around the dot. It is pretty big and its about twice as big as the one seen in the picture that is caused by my crappy camera.

Sorry for the unorganized writing. Im just a lazy writer. Feel free to ask questions about the laser.

The scatter you mentioned, could that be to due the other lense to make it water proof?

compare to my 300mW O-like 650nm(Red) and 200mw 532nm(Green)

mm i read that a 200 mW 405 is as bright as 5 mW green now i am a lil comfused / lost ( i never had a 405 ) and this week i will get that DX dilda 200mW ( ok it's probably 100 mW max ) still a lot imo in that pic i see it's as bright as 200mW red

Last edited:
Infact the 405nm is more visible but it might be because of the Power.

400mw 405nm vs 300mw 650nm. (if they were both the same power, the 405nm might have been much weaker)

but i must say, this 405nm 400mw (380mw on LPM) is quite powerfull. I don't even want to know how strong an 1Watt or 1.5Watt 405nm is. :) *Or actually i do, if i had cash*

jakeGT

or if they could make a 1W 405 :( Im waiting to get a 750mW 405....