Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

O-Like 200mW Waterproof Red Laser

Doofus

I just got one of these in the mail day before yesterday. Was using it last night.

Today I took out the battery and charged it up. Randomly now, it's doing weird stuff. Like the rear clicky button isn't clicking like it did last night, the laser doesn't turn on in regular usage, I have to play with screwing the button on to get the laser to show, sometimes even shaking it around will get it to work again. I really don't get it, last night everything was beyond fine it was AWESOME. I don't remember dropping it or anything like that.

I was just about to do another review of it today :(

scion

I just got one of these in the mail day before yesterday. Was using it last night.

Today I took out the battery and charged it up. Randomly now, it's doing weird stuff. Like the rear clicky button isn't clicking like it did last night, the laser doesn't turn on in regular usage, I have to play with screwing the button on to get the laser to show, sometimes even shaking it around will get it to work again. I really don't get it, last night everything was beyond fine it was AWESOME. I don't remember dropping it or anything like that.

I was just about to do another review of it today :(

Check the spring inside for the battery, maybe it needs to be adjusted, carefully adjust if it needs it, dont breakt it off. lol.

Other than that, im not sure what it could be unless it has a bad solder on the driver or something... idk.. maybe one the leads on the drive are touching where it shouldnt.

contact o-like, they are really good about fixing any problems if it's still under warranty.

itw3ak

I got one of these a few weeks ago and I love it. Some of the weird things it does i.e. not turning on sometimes after a click of the switch seem to disappear when you use a protected sized 18650 as they are a bit bigger and fill the gap between the spring and back button contact a little more snugly. I'm using a Ultrafire 3000mah protected cell and it was a bit of a fight to get in in the case but it fits nicely and lasts a long time!
I too notice that this red burns very quickly in comparison even to my 8x MXDL blu-ray build with glass lens!? Which needless to say pisses me off a bit but hey, it was a great deal then right? $54 for a high powered red burner with focus and water proofing.

Also this unit is not nearly as big as it seems in the pix above in comparison to the mini blu-ray unit.

Doofus

thanks for the post about contacting o-like. Susie's sending me a new tailcap.

itw3ak, my button is actually broken, not just finicky. But I will look into a protected battery, thanks for that.

Other than the tailcap thing, I love it. Burns really really well. like instant smoke.

itw3ak

itw3ak, my button is actually broken, not just finicky. But I will look into a protected battery, thanks for that.

Other than the tailcap thing, I love it. Burns really really well. like instant smoke.

Ah I see, ya know those flashlight style buttons stink. They are probably fine for flashlight use (when you need one) but for us laser fanatics we push them too much lol. They just don't hold up. I bought a green 100mW from Warnlaser ...yeah I know they suck :yabbem:. And the damn cap is completely worthless and broken now. The spring is worn out and the rubber cover is too, it just peeled away with thumb pressure! I have only owned it for about 2 months. Id much prefer the simple momentary style buttons or some type with more sturdiness to them.

Again I wish I had found LPF before I found warnlaser, ugh...I would have been enlightened before wasting my money.

P.S. Batteryjunction.com has a great price on the 3000mah Ultrafire 3.7 volt for that 200mW red from o-like here Ultrafire 18650 3000mah BUTTON TOP Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery Li-Ion UF18650-BRC. Let me know if any of you guys out there no better prices on li-ion batts:bowdown:.

Ah I see, ya know those flashlight style buttons stink. They are probably fine for flashlight use (when you need one) but for us laser fanatics we push them too much lol. They just don't hold up. I bought a green 100mW from Warnlaser ...yeah I know they suck :yabbem:. And the damn cap is completely worthless and broken now. The spring is worn out and the rubber cover is too, it just peeled away with thumb pressure! I have only owned it for about 2 months. Id much prefer the simple momentary style buttons or some type with more sturdiness to them.

Again I wish I had found LPF before I found warnlaser, ugh...I would have been enlightened before wasting my money.

P.S. Batteryjunction.com has a great price on the 3000mah Ultrafire 3.7 volt for that 200mW red from o-like here Ultrafire 18650 3000mah BUTTON TOP Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery Li-Ion UF18650-BRC. Let me know if any of you guys out there no better prices on li-ion batts:bowdown:.

Lol my friend spent $300 on a warnlaser 3 days before I found o-like :) sux 4 him. But I hope this laser comes in the mail tomorrow!

do they send you an invoice when you order? i just ordered and they haven't yet?

she sent me an email when it shipped, but not when I ordered. You could check with her on skype or yahoo messenger. For some reason her skype does not work for me though.

thanks i got an email from her and she sent me an invoice for the laser. how long does it usually take to ship?