Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-like 1.2W 445nm

Shipping from china is always risky. I've decided to never order more than one laser at a time for that reason.

Still, she does say that they have no issues with shipping, and you do have tracking to show that you never received the product.

I assume you paid via PayPal, I hate suggesting this, but start a dispute. Goods not received. Email her first though, if there isn't a reply by tuesday, same time, start the dispute.

I've ordered 4 lasers from o-like so far, problem with two... one has bad tail cap, and i suspect may be under powered, another had a bad lens. She is working to fix that, but still not a perfect experience for me either.

Good luck... let us know how it goes.

jakeGT

Yea i know about that.. i was actually chatting with her quite frequently on MSN and e-mail receiving prompt replies from her all the time.. however everything stopped when my item was lost during shipping... probably i am among the unlucky ones...

Susie will take care of you. They should but don't always have time to respond to every single email they get every day you know, and have plenty of other things they gotta take care of to keep their business afloat. So i hope you get in touch with her soon, and good luck to you sir!

xuen7

Yea i know... i checked everywhere everyday... gave up when she started to ignore me... I am not saying they are a scam or anything its just that when there is a problem that is purely their fault, they would just ignore it... the reason i did not file a dispute is because EMS tracked to the packaged being shipped out from O-like and no further information after that.. so i was thinking in terms of paypal, the responsibility of the shipper has been fufilled. I have been trying to get in touch with her until i realise that its useless to do so when i see her online on MSN until i say HI she goes offline and not reply several emails... anyways just my bad experience from a good company... just food for thought to everyone. We cant just assume every company will be 100% good 100% of the time.. there will always be some rare instances where something goes wrong...

mention you are a member of lpf and that you spread your opinion of their company around here.

jacko

I am waiting for 3 lasers to be delivered from O-like

- 1.2w 445

-repaired 1.0w 445 ,or upgraded to the 1.2 model

-400mw green(I got the last one of this model in stock for a bargain of £107.64 inc postage)

I ordered an O-like 1.2 laser on 08 march 2011 and still waiting to recieve it !.(I havn't been supplyed with a tracking number for this laser ether,however I have with my 400mw green). hopefully I will get it soon.

Also I had ordered the 1w 445 nm laser from O-like too, I recieved it within around 3-4 weeks(which seemed to be the norm for them,and I have no problem with that.)
it worked fine for about two weeks then I had trouble getting it to focus into a small point. . . a day later it stopped working altogether, I have sent it back and asked to upgrade to the 1.2 model( stating that I am willing to pay the difference).

one more thing I ordered a 400mw green from O-like on 21st march 2011,they apologised for the delay and said that it has only recently been shipped but, will pick me up a better model.(they must be very busy).
I believe that they will honour their orders as they seem like a good company.I have bought from them before with no problems.

I have had several responsies with Susie with no problems.

I will review the lasers when I recieve them.(the 1.2w 445 laser was ordered by me on the day it came out ,when they had 99 left in stock).
I did let them know that I am a member of lpf and would inform fellow members of the progress, and review them.

The 200mw red I have will have to entertain me for now!

Lasers-
100mw green from bestofferbuy.com(no longer working!)
200mw red from O-like
400mw green in post from O-like
1.0mw 445nm blue sent back for upgrade or repair (O-like)
1.2mw 445nm blue in post from O-like

Last edited:
@Jacko

I find my 400mw Green torch to be incredibly hard to to focus... and tail cap clicky is definitely faulty. I'm holding off saying anything too negative, but I'm not exactly happy.

Also a problem with my 1.2W Tactical, it has some sealant in between the focus lens and the waterproofing lens.

On both counts Susie is shipping me replacement parts, so likewise I'm holding off on company and product reviews. With the 400mw torch, which i suspect may be underpowered, she said if the tail cap doesn't fix the problems, she will replace the laser if it is under spec.

They are on holiday until the 6th though...

Keep everyone posted on what happens. In the meantime :beer:

jacko

@Jacko

I find my 400mw Green torch to be incredibly hard to to focus... and tail cap clicky is definitely faulty. I'm holding off saying anything too negative, but I'm not exactly happy.

Also a problem with my 1.2W Tactical, it has some sealant in between the focus lens and the waterproofing lens.

On both counts Susie is shipping me replacement parts, so likewise I'm holding off on company and product reviews. With the 400mw torch, which i suspect may be underpowered, she said if the tail cap doesn't fix the problems, she will replace the laser if it is under spec.

They are on holiday until the 6th though...

Keep everyone posted on what happens. In the meantime :beer:

Hi,

Thanks for that. sorry to hear that you have had so many problems. I hope I get mine in good order ,otherwise I may have to look for a more reliable company.if I don't get a laser soon ie, the next week or two then I may consider making an official complaint via paypal,however I really don't want it to come to that.

Are there any other reliable ,good, budget companys out there who lpf readers would recommend?

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for that. sorry to hear that you have had so many problems. I hope I get mine in good order ,otherwise I may have to look for a more reliable company.
Are there any other reliable ,good, budget companys out there who lpf readers would recommend?

Green lasers are just so damn iffy, but very nice to play with...

Good companies also tend to be much more expensive companies, but here are a few that have good rep;

Optotronics
Laserglow
NOVAlasers
Dragon Lasers

I'm also waiting on a 200mw transformable from o-like. If there are any issues with this laser I'm gonna have to write the company a bad review. Need an lpm badly though.

Rayfoss is also an option, the two, Rayfoss and O-like seem to be the same level though...

Last edited:

jacko

:thanks:

Thanks for the company list.

mmm, Im starting to get worried about my O-like orders!. :(

At least Susie said that I can upgrade from a 1.0w 445 to the 1.2.(why they call them a 1.0 and 1.2 when the output is 900mw and 1.1 I will never know!)

I have a 1w diode with me. . . maybe its about time I took the plunge as it were and built my own:eg:

Last edited:
Nah, next order I'm placing is going to be with optotronics, survival laser, or if going cheap... dino. At least with Dino if I get crap, it will be cheap crap, and I won't be surprised.

Also gonna keep an eye on sale forum...

Not quite ready to take the leap into building one, though I do have three useless drives just begging to have the diodes extracted ;)

jacko

** UPDATE **

I have just recieved my 1.2w (output 1.1w) 445nm O-like laser today. 12-04-11

review will come in the coming days(when I have more time!), first impressions are of a very solid build quallity and the beam has a much stiffer focus than other lasers I have purchased in the past and which is to my likeing.
I do have some beam shots but not sure how to upload yet lol!.

@Jacko

Congrats! 1.1W is what they promise, and I'm glad to see they are delivering! The focusing is SUPER stiff at first, but will loosen a little with time.

To upload pics, easiest way is to go advanced and upload resized pics directly to the forum.

OZJ

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know I also ordered a 400mW 532nm from O-Like and also had the same issue with the tail switch from day one.

So it seems as many people are reporting this, it may be a design or manufacturing flaw.

OZJ

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you all know I also ordered a 400mW 532nm from O-Like and also had the same issue with the tail switch from day one.

So it seems as many people are reporting this, it may be a design or manufacturing flaw.

OZJ

What is this a response to?

@david1235102

I think this thread kind of merged into a combo for the 1.2W and the 400mW greed. Also general dislike with how long it takes to get things shipped.