Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

o-ilke

That does suck. My longest delivery so far has been just a little over a month.

If you don't count getting a defective laser, having to ship it back, and wait... that process took 2.5 months in total.

ARG

That does suck. My longest delivery so far has been just a little over a month.

If you don't count getting a defective laser, having to ship it back, and wait... that process took 2.5 months in total.

Yeah, i'm wondering what happened to it, last time I ordered from o-like it took a couple of weeks. I'm guessing Canadian customs has it, or it isn't being delivered due to the strike, but other package have been getting to me... I just hope I get it, there's a lot of stuff in that package.

Last edited:

SLPbum

MMM I order yesterday from o-like. I already expect it to take up to a month
I got a 150mW Industrial Red laser dode module/TTL.
Ill give an update once it arrives and I get it metered.

RDCII

ned

i recieved my package in the post this morning from o-like, i opened it up and guess wot..... they have sent me the wrong laser, i originaly orderd a 400mw green laser, they have sent me 400mw blu-ray 405nm laser im totaly pissed off, sorry for the language but you could imagine how im feeling.

That sucks... not only is it the wrong laser it's a much cheaper one.

Contact them and see what they say. I know it's not the laser you ordered, but it might mean a lot less hassle to just have them refund you the price difference. Unless they agree to cover the cost of return shipping back.

ned

yeah your right they sent me the cheaper laser, ill get my brother to contact them as i gave him the cash to order it for me as ive got no pay pal account, now ive got another long wait....:yabbem:

We have all heard the saying "slow boat to china" i think o-like is on the much slower boat from singapore,my last Date Ordered: Wednesday 25 May, 2011 ,,,and still waiting for it to get to my house

:thinking: thats weird the last time i ordered from them the shipping label said it came from singapore ,,,,maybe they have a warehouse there or something

ned

your right about the slow boat from china, i reckon ill get my 400mw green laser from o-like about christmas time then, thats the last time im ordering anything from them.

ARG

:thinking: thats weird the last time i ordered from them the shipping label said it came from singapore ,,,,maybe they have a warehouse there or something

Yeah, all of my O-like packages come from Singapore to.

I have to say o-like is a good company and there lasers atleast the 2 i have already from them work great ,,,only wish there shipping was faster,,i've never had to exchange or return a laser so can't comment on how long that would take but i'm sure its a pain in the butt and take forever, I too am waiting on a 532nm 400mw torch i only hope they send me the right laser and not a 405mn

Last edited:

honeyx

I Most people can't really see above 700nm... yours is 808nm.

Sorry but that´s not true. You can´t see IR at all. Ok. Maybe I´m new to this forum but trust me. Human eye can´t see IR light. The light you see comming out of an IR laserdiode is tha small amount of visible light this diode is emitting. It´s because of some dirt atoms insight the cristal that emit some light in the visible area. I´m talking from experience.

You simply can check this yourself if you own a really death IR diode and a nightvision. The diode will still emit some visible red light but absolutely no IR. Or do the opposite. Take a LPC 815 and check with your IR filtered military nightvision the amount of IR. You will see even a red 650nm lasediode produces a little bit of infrared.

Ok. This is not an absolute prove because some death IR laserdiodes still produce some IR light. They just wend LED. But some will have no IR at all while still emiting some visible red. It´s due to the nature you can´t produce an absolutely clean cristal that just emits in one single wavelenght.

Also. An IR laserdiode that wend LED will still produce the same amount of visible light like before it wend LED. So if you could see IR light you should see a difference, but you wont see a difference. Only with a high quality IR filtered nightvision you will notice the the difference. Or of course with an LPM.

And what´s about o-like. I also ordered a few items from them. Also tied to chat with Susie, but got just very short answers or no answers at all. Lets´s see how long it will take to arrive and how good the items are. I will review them here as soon as i get them.

Ash

129002966444867199.jpg

-rep for all the incorrect information

honeyx

And you guys think when I will be reading here all the info you are giving about IR being visible in this forum will be correct? Better you read some sientific articles before claiming IR can be seen and giving others like me a bad reputation. Just google a bit and you will find some really trustful informations about that.

Otherwise explain why you can´t see the light from a 800nm IR LED when you obviously can see a 808nm laserdiode shining red.

Or just take one of the hight power IR LEDs where you also see some sort of visible light. Put an black ( for the human eye) IR filter in front of it and explain why you can´t see any red while IR is still passing the IR filter. If your eyes could see IR you sill should see it as visible red, but you wont.

Another example is a green He-Ne Laser where the pumping He-Ne gas is shining orange.. It´s of course not a laserdiode but the principle is the same. A good expanation can be found for example here. http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=477012

Last edited: