Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

NUBM31T 95W 455nm

Philipnzw

I don't know how to multi-reply but hey, i just wanna say thanks to alaskan, wizardg and paul.
I have a stronger understanding of TTL now.
This will come in handy for me as one of my lecturer's in my University is asking me to study Lidar tech, and iirc Lidar involves Pulses, and TTL is probably needed in such projects.

My apologies for slightly derailing the thread towards TTL.
Will post in this thread again when i find anything related to NUBM31T.

Light superglue

I have asked about 10V TTL input because if I want to make a portable device with a driver like PhilipNZW found I would look for a driver with 24V input to get enough output power at modest currents (by boosting 12V to 85-110V and 3A not many batteries could provide input current for a decent time period). And thinking how to make use of TTL regulation, I run into 0-5V angle sensors on ebay but most are rated for 5V supply and only one can suport 24V input and this one looks to be 0-10V sensor. Or maybe it can be used as 0-5V sensor at 24V input, I do not know?

Anyway I would like to use main 24V battery for all and keep from adding second 5V source to the setup.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I have asked about 10V TTL input because if I want to make a portable device with a driver like PhilipNZW found I would look for a driver with 24V input to get enough output power at modest currents (by boosting 12V to 85-110V and 3A not many batteries could provide input current for a decent time period). And thinking how to make use of TTL regulation, I run into 0-5V angle sensors on ebay but most are rated for 5V supply and only one can suport 24V input and this one looks to be 0-10V sensor. Or maybe it can be used as 0-5V sensor at 24V input, I do not know?

Anyway I would like to use main 24V battery for all and keep from adding second 5V source to the setup.
Would it really be that difficult to add an extra LM7805 to the project? A portable build using this diode seems likely to be big enough that there ought to be room to fit one in.

Light superglue

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you, I did not know about those votage regulators. Instruction says that all the voltage difference goes into heat - so this transistor might need a HS, right?
Or better in a module?
It might not need a heatsink if you only ask it for the very small current needed for the TTL signals and sensor(s).

paul1598419

At such a low current these might not regulate well at all. I ran into this problem when trying to regulate a +5 volt supply for a PWM.

aaronnoraa

The conversation on this thread is well and good but I suspect that I speak for everyone in saying that this thread needs more pictures. Lots and lots more pictures-
specifically of the unit when powered :)
for science, and stuff

Cyparagon

I run into 0-5V angle sensors on ebay but most are rated for 5V supply and only one can suport 24V input and this one looks to be 0-10V sensor.
From the cursory glance I made, it's not regulated output, just proportional output to both the angle and the supply voltage.

The part you're missing is that TTL is binary. If you use this angle sensor, you're spending $65 on a tilt switch that burns power. Ebay has tilt switches for 20 cents, so I don't know why you'd spend $65 but it's your money

So you use a voltage divider. Although if you have to google voltage divider, that's not a hopeful starting point.