Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM08 4.3W 455nm Laser Diode

Tuxifix

I guess the part where the lens is mounted in will then become completely loose, right? Or is this like a sleeve that you can pull a millimeter off while they are still kind of attached?

The GBall can is attached with indium solder, it's either attached or it's not, no easy way to adjust it ATM until someone mounts the GBalls into a lens barrel.

Just a quick question, how do you remove the Gball lens from the NUBM08? Do you need to cut the housing, or can you pull some outer housing with the lens off the diode? I don't want to remove mine, but I thought about if it's possible pulling the lens 1mm or so further away from the actual diode to get a focus within a few cm. Otherwise I'd need to add at least one more lens.

I wonder if someone mounted a ball lens in a 9 mm housing if it would work as well as a short focal length aspheric lens? If you could get the same power specs and a well collimeted beam it might be worth the effort.

I have done it before guys and it worked perfectly, I’m not sure what diode it was from posibly a NUBMO6 but I’m not sure the time spent is worth it when you can purchase any type of lens you want from China from as little as $2.50-$6 when you buy bulk, same specs as our popular G2 or multiple different FL!

A4A11AE8-E8B5-477E-B2C3-B2667BD9AF1A.jpeg