Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NUBM06 More fun than a beer soaked slobber knocker.

Will you be getting a NUBM06

• Total voters
Here's one on an old 1w diode, it makes little heat so it's no dig deal, but on the 6W I need to make a spiral grooved aluminum holder and twist zoom adjuster that can also serve as a heat sink.

The 07e looks amazing at night like this.

Here's one on an old 1w diode, it makes little heat so it's no dig deal, but on the 6W I need to make a spiral grooved aluminum holder and twist zoom adjuster that can also serve as a heat sink.

The 07e looks amazing at night like this.

What type of lens is in that?

It's a scavenged 3 element form a hitachi 52 inch projection tv, but I think I can find a better lens, it is AR coated for VIS I suspect.

A lot can be done with some AR coated expanders, correction of the highly divergent axis then a home made expander will let you really reach out, I'm not going to post too much because of BS people like joker have said that makes me uncomfortable, if someone hurts someone with info I share that's not my fault, but we are not living in a true free country anymore, but it's a shame to have near 7 watts and not do anything with it.

It's basically a 25 mm 3 element with a longer focal length so it makes a wider beam that reaches farther to make a tight point, there is some edge clipping and tiny wings if you go past focused, but just past is where it burns the best.

So much more can be done, just look at CDBeam777's builds for Kobayashi, you see it's quite possible.

Attachments

• SANY0684.JPG
    SANY0684.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 98
  • SANY0677.JPG
    SANY0677.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 202
  • SANY0681.JPG
    SANY0681.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
In the movie Paul ( The space alien ), after the bar fight scene the agent was asking the local hillbilly cop what happened here, and he said it was just your basic good old fashion beer soaked slobber knocker.

I thought it was funny and wondered if anyone would catch the reference.

7411340.3.jpg

What type of lens is in that?

This is the part, the zoom lens is on the right side, you can unscrew it with some slip joint plyers just use a rag to prevent scratching the housing and don't get too rough it is a lens :D

It works well with some edge clipping just like a 3 element and the AR coating I bet is VIS so any visible color should be ok.

They have them on sale sometimes but then they charge shipping, I have bought them at 2 for 10 dollars plus shipping, you just have to look out for the sales. I can send you one for 5 dollars plus shipping, you can get just the lens or the whole thing I don't care I have a bunch of them.
We are neighbors as I am near Atlanta so shipping should be cheaper.

Electronic Goldmine - (Pkg 2) Large Glass Projection TV Lens Assembly

G19204AB.jpg

Here's one on a NUBM07e, they look awesome at night, you can slide zoom that beam to a nice tight point.

They come bubble wrapped with a FS mirror and some other lenses but this 3 element is the useful one.

Attachments

• SANY0830.JPG
    SANY0830.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 80
  • SANY0831.JPG
    SANY0831.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 104
  • SANY0839.JPG
    SANY0839.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 72
  • SANY0840.JPG
    SANY0840.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 86
  • SANY0841.JPG
    SANY0841.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Nice lens! Electronics goldmine always has some cool stuff. Wish I had a mini lathe to take advantage of things like this.
Maybe someday one will just magically appear in my shop. If the wife asks I just say it's always been there, you just never noticed!:shhh: