Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Novalasers & accessories

Ace82

Novalasers & accessories

I was looking to buy some optics, particularly some sort of diffraction grating, and round mirrors for my next 3 mirror spiral graph project. I was even thinking about getting the X100, (or I might get the Optotronics 55mW) but not totally sure about the pen. However, I am not a member at Nova and was wondering if I should make the purchase. Any advice? Thanks!

Ace82

abadcaffeinetrip said:
Edmund Optics sells thin (less than 1mm) round FS mirrors that would be perfect.  I used them on my laser scanner and they are great.  They are only a few dollars a piece but, considering that they will be spinning, the reduced weight might be a good idea.  

As far as the diffraction grating goes, I don't think anyone beats this guy in price :http://stonetek.org/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70&zenid=a09b8fcd42b42085d2eb71870eef90ec

BTW, I have an x-100 and the fitted diffraction grating.  Much more convenient than holding a plastic sheet in front of the beam - but it all depends on how you will be using it.  

EDIT: it was Anchor Optics: http://anchoroptics.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=360

[smiley=dankk2.gif] I agree, the thinner ones would be ideal since I am using small motors, and its better for momentum. Not sure yet though, I just might order all from Nova if I decide to buy the laser.

Nova has some really interesting optical holders - they are hight adjustable, hold the FS mirrors (they are thick) and have a myriad of other attachments available. The X-100 is an excellent laser, too - I have not seen the Opto 55mw one, so I cannot give any advice on that one. Make sure to use the Forum discount code with Nova - the aluminum case is WORTH it, too - looks snazzy as hell, too :p

Ace82

Do the Nova x series have caps to protect the lens from getting dirty? And how hard are they to clean if they do get dirty? I know being in my pocket it will. :)

the cni type are very easy to clean unscrew end cap and waala simple

when my techlaser 95 busted i ordered a x100 man that things crazy but fixed the techlaser easily
so my nova is brand new still on first set of batteries  sitting at home waiting for its turn ,but my infinty
still works great  ;) friggen techlaser wont break when you want them too  ;D ;D

VW

What about their laser stand/mount? Any good?

if you were looking at the wl stand i suggest not to buy .(Look at review section)

Ace82

rangedunits said:
if you were looking at the wl stand i suggest not to buy .(Look at review section)

Thanks for the bump. Still working out some financial issues.....