Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Nova lasers Atlantis 445nm!

It's actually $227, unless you have a pair of certified goggles and email them proof, you have to buy a pair of ANSI/CE goggles with it for $40, which isn't bad considering it's still cheaper than the Spyder III and these are definitely ANSI/CE certified.

It's actually $227, unless you have a pair of certified goggles and email them proof, you have to buy a pair of ANSI/CE goggles with it for $40, which isn't bad considering it's still cheaper than the Spyder III and these are definitely ANSI/CE certified.

I really like the sypder host....

But since these come with CERTIFIED glasses for 40$, thats much safer sounding, and sounds like a better deal

great great great great

Now, let's wait for the BOOM to pass, and for the price to go down a bit and I'll be ready to buy :D

Re: Nova lasers 445nm

I personally think that while the Spyder III host looks good, I prefer the discreetness of the Alpha style host from Nova.

Re: Nova lasers 445nm EDIT

If I read that right-- free shipping is only if you buy their goggles-- and duty cycle is TBD (to be determined?) and no TEC cooling-and its a pre-order so be ready to WAIT-buI its nice to see ANYBODY giving WL some competition!!!

thanks for the find!!!

EDIT- I (and Mikeeey) erred about the Spyder 445 having TEC-has TCC instead-hak

Last edited:
Proof of glasses is a good idea.
This is getting scary. With out a doubt this 445nm is a big deal. Once o-like and others start selling them for $150. Were going to start seeing accidents:(

I personally don't like the Plumbing Pipe look of the Atlantis...

Jerry

Availability from more than one supplier can only be a good thing as far as the consumer is concerned. These have a longer lead time than WL. More realistic in my opinion :)

Jerry

Nice find, I didn't even notice :)

I don't really like the host, apart from the fact it has a side button. The Arctic looks much more solid. I do think that the specs seem to be a bit more realistic with a duty cycle that is still to be determined and a "near TEM00, elliptical" transverse mode. Apart from that, it's always good to see competition from another company.

What's with the crap visibility though? Surely >500mW of 445nm is more visible than 75mW of 532nm? It should be. WTF Nova?

relcompare.jpg

-Tony

WL really hit gold releasing first AND making it look like a lightsaber. I think a lot of the geeks wouldnt even be interested if it wasn't for the appearance. I didnt even think star wars was anything special and I still prefer the light saber look. *flame suit on*

I like the host of the WL. Yes, its 9" long, but in some ways it feels more comfy when you got a larger laser. Sure its not for your pocket, but at least it looks really nice, looks mean, I love it.

Are these being provided by CNI? If not, I wonder where they get that host, because I actually like that host a bit for its safety features.

Back