Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not relevant

Re: For sale: Everything in my laser collection (Post edited)

Gozert can you tell us how much it costs to get a driver license where you live? It sound like it costs more over there. Here it depends on the state or territory your in. Once you get it, how long is it good for and how much to renew it?

Here you first get a learners permit for $25 good for one year, these can be renewed once for $25, then it's legal to drive as long as there is a licensed driver with you, so any licensed adult can teach you how to drive, however most people attend a driving school. This is often done through school at age 16 at a discount price, otherwise driving school costs about $375 - $1250. Then if you can pass the written test and they also check your vision, then you can take the driving test, if you pass, it costs $89 for your first license good for 6 years, or $107 for 6 years for the enhanced driver license, the enhanced license doubles as a national ID card that allows travel to some places without a passport. When renewing these the price is $54 and $72. Also all drivers must have insurance and carry proof of insurance in the car at all times.

I am just wondering how this compares to your country. Whatever the cost I hope you can get together enough money.

Alan

Last edited:

gozert

Sadly we can't drive at all unless we have our drivers license. And to get this we must attend a drivers school which usually costs around 40$ each hour of driving plus 35$ everytime you want to take the written test (which is common to be failed two or more times) and you have to pay over 250$ to pass the test at the end. However, if you fail the test, then that's another 250$ down the drain.

Long story short; if you're a quick learner and don't mess up you're probably done for 1.1-1.2k. If you're average, expect to pay nearly 2k for it.

Luckily you won't have to pay this all at once, but more like 40$ a week and 250$ to attend a test. So I'll likely be able to save up enough over time to pay for it.

Last edited:

Wow that's expensive. That's triple the price of where I'm from. I'm interested in the 593.5nm. What about the DL 589nm that you put up for sell last time?

gozert

Wow that's expensive. That's triple the price of where I'm from. I'm interested in the 593.5nm. What about the DL 589nm that you put up for sell last time?

PMed you. 593.5nm has been sold to Smeerworst.

gozert

Well, an update here. I called a driving school in recommendation of a family member, and they charge 47$ a lesson. They have a special offer that gets me 30 lessons for 1250$ which I will be taking. This does mean that I'll need the money asap and after all will have to sell all the stuff I have.

I'll list what's for sale at what prices in this post, and update the thread to avoid confusion.

Prices updated in OP!

Hope I can get this over with quick. Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:

mmax

Can a total beginner buy his way in?

The DL Spartan 532nm 200mW would be nice. Shipping to Belgium.

gozert

Can a total beginner buy his way in?

The DL Spartan 532nm 200mW would be nice. Shipping to Belgium.

Since it's shipping to belgium, I will definitely consider doing this. There aren't too many people in europe so it'll be quite easy to ship for me.

PM me about it please.

gozert

Managed to make a deal with someone for every single one of the Dragonlasers and the PL-E pro. Had to give some discount and free shipping, but I guess it's better to sell it all in one go than trying to sell each laser on it's own. Will update the thread asap.

EDIT: Well, it seems my buyer needs 5 to 7 days to make the payment and I now kind of doubt whether he's serious about it or not. So the lasers that should've been sold are up for sale again. I never thought it was gonna be such a hassle to sell my stuff haha. Oh well, if anyone wants any of the lasers, PM me!

Last edited:

gozert

Bump!

Re: For sale: Everything in my laser collection PRICE DROPS

I think the host you a refering to as a C6 may be a C8 Host, Just a heads Up,
Good Luck With The Licence Buzz!

gozert

I think the host you a refering to as a C6 may be a C8 Host, Just a heads Up,
Good Luck With The Licence Buzz!

You're right, it's a C8. Got confused with the T6 it says on the other side of the host. Updated the OP. Thanks.

gozert

Bump. Offers are welcome as long as they're reasonable!

Sent PM about the 589..

gozert

Bump! Have an offer for something? PM me!