Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Not FS: 300mW MXDL Open Can Lasers!

Re: FS: *300mW MXDL Open Can Lasers With Heatsink*

I'm too much of a newb on the forum to PM, so I emailed you. Are you still making / selling these?

Thanks!

jayrob

Nytelyte said:
I'm too much of a newb on the forum to PM, so I emailed you.  Are you still making / selling these?

Thanks!

Sure am! I have had this one ready to ship: (SOLD)
grabs2.jpg

This is a very nice stable unit! The 424mA driver is getting 247mW's out of the Sony Optiarc open can diode using the AixiZ acrylic lens.
Great combo and price... $160 plus shipping.

There are some options if you want me to build you one with specific components. Take a look at some of the reviews and testimonials linked here:
http://www.sonic.net/~jayrob/MXDL/
Jay

brisco

How much for the heat sink and the laser diode in an aixiz module? I already have one of those exact flash lights.

daguin

brisco said:
How much for the heat sink and the laser diode in an aixiz module? I already have one of those exact flash lights.

You're still gonna need the driver.

Peace,
dave

jayrob

brisco said:

I sell the heatsinks for $20 dollars plus shipping. Sorry, I don't sell other parts. Just heatsinks, or completed lasers. If you don't want to hassle with the harvest, You can get a Sony diode pre-installed in an AixiZ module from Stontek:
http://stonetek.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=192
Best deal out there!
Jay

Damn I can barely wait mine to arrive :(

jayrob

brisco said:
any body home?

Hi brisco, did you check the link that I posted above? About the pre-installed Sony diodes from Stonetek?
Jay

brisco

yeah. I want to try an open can now. also I already have a driver. I got one here that fits into an aixiz housing. Seams to work alright. Just cant raise or lower

Reactions: ARG

hey jayrob,

real sorry about this late post, been busy with exams and such :(

anyway, i received his build in less than a week, but it has been a month or so since i owned it..my 3.7v CR123A batteries came 2 weeks later so i didn't have a chance to try out it's maximum potential till later

the build on the laser is awesome, i really love how the heatsink fits nicely into the MXDL case

a piece of paper which actually is the instruction manual is included in the box which i think is great..at least now i know how to take care of my laser and make it last a lifetime :)

okay, when i fired up the laser, i've been bursting lots of balloons and also tried burning a lot of items around the house :p

i would definitely buy another one from you soon ! trust me on that..one is never enough :)

thank you so much jayrob !

jayrob

ArChAng3L, it's good to hear that the laser got there, and that you are happy with it! :)

I just want to clarify, that when I say 'the build will last a lifetime', I am referring to the quality of the build. The way the driver is mounted, the design of the heatsink, etc...

Because of the 'set screw design' of the heatsink, the LD can be easily replaced by the buyer if necessary... Or, I would rebuild it for you. You just pay for parts and shipping.

Thanks for posting back and letting everybody know your thoughts on the laser! :cool:
Jay

I'm interested in the laser with an AixiZ module. However, I would like to know which module would be better for burning things, and which I would be able to burn things better at long distances with?

Thanks.

jayrob

UG0TB4NN3D said:
I'm interested in the laser with an AixiZ module. However, I would like to know which module would be better for burning things, and which I would be able to burn things better at long distances with?

Thanks.

For burning, especially at longer distances, you want the acrylic lens choice. For the cost, the AixiZ acrylic lens cannot be beat. The Meredith has a thick brass focus grip and an AR coated lens, but the performance is just about the same as the AixiZ. (acrylics)

Worth mentioning, is that the focus gets very 'touchy' at distance...no matter which lens you have. Anything over 15' or 20' away, and you are making very fine adjustments...
Jay

jayrob

Just to let you guys know...

UGOTB4NN3D, your 115D/AixiZ glass 243mW MXDL is shipping today. (Friday)

Freddy 23, your Sony 7190/AixiZ acrylic 247mW MXDL is shipping today also.

Grant, your 803T/Meredith glass 117mW blu-ray MXDL is shipping today as well.

Sure would like to hear back from you guys! :)
Jay

My laser arrived today,the batteries didn't arrive yet so I adapted 2 3v CR2(that are at 6.6v) to be able to use it,so it's probably running below 318mW,but it's already really powerful :eek:.The laser is really well built,I only have a problem with the focusing mecanism on the meredith glass,it's really hard to use(mainly because it is small to grip your fingers at without putting them in the beam path).I will try to glue something that makes the grip better :)
Edit:Took some measurements and at that voltage it's taking only about 400mA :p.Hope my batteries arrive soon.

jayrob

GamerBR said:
My laser arrived today,the batteries didn't arrive yet so I adapted 2 3v CR2(that are at 6.6v) to be able to use it,so it's probably running below 318mW,but it's already really powerful :eek:.The laser is really well built,I only have a problem with the focusing mecanism on the meredith glass,it's really hard to use(mainly because it is small to grip your fingers at without putting them in the beam path).I will try to glue something that makes the grip better :)
Edit:Took some measurements and at that voltage it's taking only about 400mA :p.Hope my batteries arrive soon.

Yep, for the DDL driver, your going to need the 3.6 volt batteries. Good to know it got to you there in Brazil though. Thanks for posting! :)

For everybody to know, as long as DrLava has his FlexDrives available, I am now offering this awesome driver as an option. ($15 dollar upgrade)

If you upgrade to the FlexDrive, your build will be using 2 X 3.0 volt Lithium primaries for the supply. There will be a silicon diode with the FlexDrive, to drop the supply voltage to 5.5 volts, which is this driver's max input voltage.

As you know, these drivers are adjustable. So, I can set the current to your liking. My personal MXDL, is set to 448mA's. :cool:

I think that this is a nice 'happy medium' between the 420mA/470mA DDL driver choices. (heatsinked)

The other 'plus', is the use of the Lithium primaries! (I think it is a plus anyway) Because, these batteries will not lose their charge when sitting.
personal.jpg

Senkat gave me some stickers (thanks Greg!), so if you like the look of the way I have them on there, I can put them on yours as well. Just ask! :cool:
Jay

jayrob

Murudai, just to let you know that I have re-built your laser using a 420mA DDL driver.
The Pioneer 115D is putting out a very steady 292.1mW's through the Meredith glass lens.

I will ship it tomorrow (Tuesday), as I received it....no batteries.

It will be marked as a 'gift'. Description: LED Flashlight, with a value of $15 dollars.

I am using an LPM-1 for my power measurements. From what I usderstand. A thermal meter measurement is going to read higher. At least, that's what Senkat found with one of my lasers. I sent him one that I measured at 258mW's, and he measured 288mW's! Quite a difference.

Please let me know when you get it back!
Jay
Murudai.jpg