Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

North Korea seeks $65 trillion in compensation from the US.

Lets not forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The US still has a big black eye over that. War is war. No one should have payback for war if its over. Move on, we did.

Lets not forget Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The US still has a big black eye over that. War is war. No one should have payback for war if its over. Move on, we did.
Yep. On top of that, it's not like every German was in on killing the jews... They shouldn't have to pay for the mistakes of a few ancestors. It would be like the whole western world forking over to Africa for enslaving them 300 years ago... and do you see Israel paying all those Palestinians they kicked out of their homes? Nope. As T_J said, war is war. This also applies to you, north korea.

North Korea is just busting balls. Someone needs to slap that little man in the mouth. He knows no one will do anything till he sends a nuke. So in the mean time he is just flexing his nuts. We can level North Korea in under 24 hours if we want.

24 hours? I'd say more like 2. Anyway, most countries worth nuking have very nice missile defense systems and north korea is (probably) aware that the moment they send a nuke every european country with nuclear weapons and america will hit them hard and fast. I'm not sure about russia... I don't think they'd care a ton if we got nuked. Middle eastern oil producing countries would probably be pretty pissed at N. Korea considering that N. korea's enemies buy most of their oil...

Russia needs us, but they wont admit it. We send huge amounts of food, and other aid. Unless there is a land dispute, there will be no violence. They wont do anything.

Using some of our nuclear arsenal we could easily level N. Korea in 20 seconds... But it would probably make parts of china and S. Korea uninhabitable for decades... And they're both allies (for now)

But the Korean War isn't over, does that change anything?

Last edited:
But the Korean War isn't over, does that change anything?
Lol:
USA:well, looks like we just burned down Dresden.
Germany:Hey, that wasn't very cool! Give us $5 billion to rebuild!
USA:*more jellied gasoline*

Edit:just another example, for fun.

Kublai khan: More fire arrows!
Some Song ruler: Hey! You just burned down the imperial palace! Give us a million pounds of rice!
Kublai khan: *even more fire arrows*

I think not.

Last edited:
let's get out facts straight.
1# North Korea does not have internet, South Korea does.
2# The Korean war is long over but the war ended in ceasefire not a peace treaty.
2 sides are technically at a state of war.

3# North Korea attacked South Korea in April of this year by sinking a military vessel killing 64 sailors. Tension here have never been higher since 1950s.

4# North Koreans are the most brainwashed, abused people on the planet. Americans are from hell and will eat their babies. ( no joke here) (Gim Ilsung) is the savior of the people, and (Gim) Jungil is the son of God.
I have met a few escapees here and what they tell me is simply a tale like something out of 1984 + nightmare on elmstreet. This is a seriously F^ckd up little country.

let's get out facts straight.
1# North Korea does not have internet, South Korea does.
2# The Korean war is long over but the war ended in ceasefire not a peace treaty.
2 sides are technically at a state of war.

3# North Korea attacked South Korea in April of this year by sinking a military vessel killing 64 sailors. Tension here have never been higher since 1950s.

4# North Koreans are the most brainwashed, abused people on the planet. Americans are from hell and will eat their babies. ( no joke here) (Gim Ilsung) is the savior of the people, and (Gim) Jungil is the son of God.
I have met a few escapees here and what they tell me is simply a tale like something out of 1984 + nightmare on elmstreet. This is a seriously F^ckd up little country.
jeez.... sounds bad man :cryyy:

That 3-part documentary on north Korea from the VBS.TV website is extremely eye-opening. Seems a vast majority of the population of NK has been raised to fear and loathe the "imperialist countries"... Even if the current governement was toppled for whatever reason, you have the entire population of a country that would resist any kind of change or intrusion. it's extremely sad and pathetic...

It's another hornet's nest that no one really wants to poke ...

Robert

Razako

North Korea vs Afghanistan vs Zimbabwe. Who wins the #1 shithole in the world contest?

I was referring to WW2.

Yeah, I was just wondering why such a stipulation was added, really, since it doesn't apply to war that isn't actually over. I figured that if there was some reason for you to add that stipulation, then maybe it actually had some bearing on your opinion of the situation of 2 countries that have technically been "still at war" for over 50 years. In other words, I was legitimately curious.

Additionally, the idea of who pays for a war is a very interesting way to look at a lot of history. The Marshall Plan is a big ticket item when looking at the history of the 1900s, and in it, the US really did spend its own money in large part towards rebuilding Germany. It rebuilt much of the rest of western Europe too, of course, but we did pay for German reconstruction. We also contributed pretty largely to rebuilding Japan after WWII, and not just the parts affected by the atomic bombs. It's not talked about as much, but as far as building destruction, all the firebombing we did before the atomic bombs destroyed much larger portions of their buildings/infrastructure/cities. For instance, Tokyo was over 50% destroyed by incendiaries. Many would also argue that the Treaty of Versailles that laid out how Germany was to pay for the damages of WWI was a prime cause of, and led directly to, WWII.

Last edited: