Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

newbie laser stash

nmbusa

Hi there.
since I just startered with lasers and very fascinated,after doing my homework on the site so to not ask questions and all, since the search button has all answers thought I show my latests projects.
what do ya think of my stash?

Attachments

• DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 110

Ieon

Its so big!

Attachments

• omgwtfbbq_001.jpg
    omgwtfbbq_001.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 160
You seem to have either a lot of dough to shell out, or a lot of build experience.

I bet you have both ;D.

Either way, very nice collection.

kendon said:
ieon, there is a typo in your image.

That's because he's too much in a hurry to increase his post count
than to check spelling mistakes... ::)
He's posting all over the place at about 20 - 25 posts a day... :-?

Jerry

im new to the forums but i am seeing sort of a pattern....

ive heard it mentioned in a couple threads people spamming postings or bumping threads to increase post counts, is there a benefit to having many posts? Am I missing something?

:-?

daguin

m60gunner29 said:

ive heard it mentioned in a couple threads people spamming postings or bumping threads to increase post counts, is there a benefit to having many posts? Am I missing something?

Nothing earth shattering. You need 50 posts to add or subtract rep points, but pictures and links are set way down at around 10 posts, so attaining that is not a problem. These are mostly "kids" (despite their age) that need something to say they have value. They measure their worth via external measures. They don't realize that the veterans on the list are laughing at their antics.

Contribute thoughtful, well-reasoned posts and your count will grow. Your reputation will grow even faster ;)

Peace,
dave

m60gunner29 said:

Yeah... useless Spamming and Bumping of old threads to increase your Post count is frowned
upon and does nothing to contribute to the Forum Community... :cool:

For an example of running amok and what can happen as a result...... "ieon" has be banned
as of today....

BTW... welcome to the Forum..... :)

Jerry

I see. Makes sence to look for quality over quantity. I used to be part of a firearms board where you would get different forum titles based on post counts. I never saw the point myself. Its the information exchange that is the value.

I do look forward to being able to post links though. I have been researching my first build and will be looking for advice. I am on a really low budget and I think I mathed out a nice 250mw +- red diode setup as a first build. Once I hit 10 ill post up the materials link / recipe to see if someone who has been doing this a while sees any glaring issues with it.

daguin

m60gunner29 said:
I see. Makes sence to look for quality over quantity. I used to be part of a firearms board where you would get different forum titles based on post counts. I never saw the point myself. Its the information exchange that is the value.

I do look forward to being able to post links though. I have been researching my first build and will be looking for advice. I am on a really low budget and I think I mathed out a nice 250mw +- red diode setup as a first build. Once I hit 10 ill post up the materials link / recipe to see if someone who has been doing this a while sees any glaring issues with it.

The "label" under your avatar will change as you build up post count.  However, that is only a quick signal that the member has been around for awhile.  One should still click on the member's name and then look at his last 40 postings to get an idea what they contribute (or fail to contribute). Another good thing to do is to read the comments in his rep.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
One should still click on the member's name and then look at his last 40 postings to get an idea what they contribute (or fail to contribute).  Another good thing to do is to read the comments in his rep.

Peace,
dave

Dont read mine LOL ;D