Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

newb

Hi, a lot of members said I should post here first. I first got into lasing when I saw styropyros channel on youtube, and thought "that is cool", so after a bit of research I built my first laser: 100 mW green altoids tin. My second one is currently being built, and this community sure is helpful!

BobMc

You are welcome. Come join the "laser groupies". :crackup:

Best wishes with your second build. If you can, make a build thread, it's always great to see other people's work.

Lots of knowledge people here so don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy and welcome. :)

Last edited:
welcome to the lpf,if you building your own lasers this is the best place to share your projects and builds :beer:

Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. :)
Yes, styropyro has done some great videos over time.

welcome you can learn many things in this forum, also the are many experience members that can help you build your laser the best way to start add location so you can get the best help, just don't ask me hahahaha am still learning :D

Welcome. Where are you located? That is important to know what laws cover lasers in your location and also other members close by that may be able to help.

Hi And welcome can you please tell us were you are from so we can get to know you better ..

Rich:)

I thought somewhere I said Oregon- maybe not. But yep, in northwest US. I am not a huge stickler for laws, I just like to have fun.

We have an lpf troll who keeps creating new identities ad infinitum, he also trolls other forums too. i don't know if it is worth it to you in this forum to be verified or not, but if you want to spend a lot of time in the forum, best you find a way to do that beyond words. if i can help, please let me know.

I thought somewhere I said Oregon- maybe not. But yep, in northwest US. I am not a huge stickler for laws, I just like to have fun.

This worries me when concerning Lasers...
For example... Shining Lasers at Landing and
Taking Off planes is against the law...:undecided:

How about adding your location to your
Profile so that members don't need to ask
where you are from....

Jerry