Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New version 2.1 Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 45, shipped via China Post

New version 2.1 Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 45, shipped via China Post

Since I posted about version 2.0 I figure I'll do the same about version 2.1! I have the 2.0 and absolutely love it I am probably going to purchase the new version as well. If you need a good charger then seriously consider this.

gearbest said:
Hi BLF folks,

Here is some good news for all Opus charger fans ;)

First, the breaking news is the new 2.1 version Opus BT-C3100 is available now :
Opus has granted Gearbest the exclusive rights to be the first website offering the latest BT-C3100, the 2.1 version. Opus supports us to run this campaign at $45 for the first publish, only 70pcs for EU and 30pcs for US, *It can be available for ordering right now*, the coupon code is: *BTC3100*. *Barring any unforeseen circumstances, the 2.1 version will be shipped starting Aug. 27*. Any more buyers(from the 101th) will bring the price down to $43, and the first 100 buyers will be given a $2 coupon back. You know this rule from our previous game, right? :party:

*2.1 version Opus BT-C3100*

EU: Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 Li-ion NiCd NiMh LCD Smart Intelligent Battery Charger with EU Adapter-65.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com
US: Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 Li-ion NiCd NiMh LCD Smart Intelligent Battery Charger with US Adapter-65.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

coupon code is: BTC3100
Price: $45

pp_71596.html

The improvements of the 2.1 version provided by Henry Xu, the engineer of this dream charger:

1. voltage update rate is 30s instead of 60s.
2. charging voltage is regulated to 4.7v instead of 5.0v, thus loading on power adapter when batteries are flat is less. 5.0v charging voltage has problem in regulating the correct current level due to this over loading current on power adapter, which lead to Panasonic brand Li-ion batteries showed wrong charging capacity value(+25%). With 4.7v charging voltage, the load on power adapter is greatly reduced and thus can make all types of batteries are charged properly.
3. 4.35v charging time can be very long because charging current is regulated in entering the CV stage at 4.12v, which is same as 4.2v type. Now 4.35v charging algorithm is changed to 4.27v.
4. Better safety feature: PCB temperature was used to in controling fan on/off only with 2.0v, now this function is enhenced so that temperature is monitored for entering thermal shutdown mode when excessive high temperautre is reached. It is especially helpful when fan is not running and which can lead to plastic melt down happening.
5. new fan cover make better protection for cooling fan.

Besides, we do a simple video to show the different package for the 2.1 version, more details :

And a complete review will be public by *HJK* in the following days :love:

Another is Opus company supports us to run a campaign for BT-C3100 2.0 for only $36 again after coupon. The coupon code is: GB3100. However it has limited units, 50 pcs for EU and 40 pcs for US. If any one missed the last group buy started by tatasal, please feel free to order it now, first come first served :)

*2.0 version Opus BT-C3100*

US: Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 Li-ion NiCd Smart Battery Charger - US Adapter
EU: Opus BT-C3100 V2.0 Li-ion NiCd NiMh LCD Smart Intelligent Battery Charger with EU Adapter - Black-59.14 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

coupon code: GB3100
price: $36

2.0 or 2.1, which one will you pick? :party:

This was from when I posted version 2.0
I just wanted to pass the news to those who don't venture on to BLF. This seems like a very nice charger if a couple things were fixed in the update. HKJ is being sent the new version to do testing on and then will announce the results. Most people are waiting for this new to opt in 100%.

Price is now $39 since they have met 200 orders. For those who already bought one at $41 you should have a $2 coupon in your Gearbest account for store credit.

The new code is

GB17701NEW

Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 41, shipped via China Post (announcement post #28, 64, 85) | BudgetLightForum.com

1397599410629-P-1645142.jpg

1.The charging current can be selected for 200mA, 300mA, 500mA, 700mA and 1000mA. Default discharging current is 500mA.
2.It provides four independent charging slots for rechargeable batteries. The charger can charge batteries of different type and size and with different capacity at the same time
3.The charger integrates the minus delta voltage (-ΔV) for NiCd or NiMh battery charging termination, and for Li-ion batteries charging to 4.2V with pre-selected constant current.
4. The charger also includes overheat detection to protect rechargeable batteries and charger itself from overheating.
5. New added quick test mode to test the battery impedance.
6. Four Working Mode Available at User's Choice: Charge, Discharge, Test,Quick Test and Refresh.
7. Easy Read LCD with back light Showing Battery Voltage, Charge/Discharge Current, Charging Time, Battery Capacity etc.
8.Designed for AA(LR6) and AAA(LR3)NiCd, NiMH or 3.7v Li-ion rechargeable batteries in size type of 10440, 14500, 16340, 18500, 18650, 26650, 26500
9. Ideal for Office and Home use.
10. Operating temperature: 0°C-40°C
11. Max. Charging Capacity: 20000mAh
12. Power Adapter:Output: 12V DC, 3.0A; Input: 100~240V~, 50/60Hz

tatasal said:
Hello guys,
Anyone interested in this product?: the Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger"

Opus BT-C3100 LI-ion NiCd NiMh LCD Smart Intelligent Battery Charger with US Adapter - Black-56.99 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Links copied from fellow member Chloe's thread:
Review: Opus BT-C3100 ("dreamcharger!") | BudgetLightForum.com

Noteable reviews

By HKJ:

Test/Review of Analyzing NiMH/LiIon Charger Opus BT-C3100 | BudgetLightForum.com

Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100

By UPz:

Reviews de Linternas: OPUS BT-C3100

ForoLinternas - Foro sobre linternas y tecnología LED ? Ver Tema - OPUS BT-C3100 (Cargador analizador para Li-Ion y NiMH/NiCd)

By mjlorton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-MZZD7HEQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJxrDgEFxMU

By Mountain Prophet:

Preview: Akkulader Opus BT-C3100 » Mountain Prophet

--a minimum confirmed total order of 50 units at $41 each is required to activate this group buy.
--50(min) to 200 units at $41
--201 to 500 units at $39
-- post "I'm in for X unit(s)" in this thread.
--after posting here, I strongly recommend to also send Dora of Gearbest.com (dorawu13@gmail.com) the same "I'm in for xx units so she can monitor the number of confirmed orders. IMPORTANT: Please include your BLF USERNAME in your email to Dora.
--Paypal and free shipping fees via China Post with tracking are included in the $41 GB price
--A COUPON CODE will posted here when the minimum of 50 total units is reached to lower the price from its current regular price of $56.99 to $41.00 GB price.
-- Gearbest.com will supply the item. Their resource person to contact is Dora ---- email dorawu13@gmail.com
--once the 50-unit minimum total number of confirmed participants is reached, payment will be accepted by logging-in in gearbest's website BT-C3100 product page by using the coupon code for this Group Buy.
--in the event more than 200 units are sold, gearbest will issue another coupon code worth $2, bringing down the price to $39.
--501 to 1000th units -- price is $36

This thread is also in the other forum to augment the BLF group.

*In order to preserve the essence of this thread, may I respectfully suggest to those members who do not intend to join this Group Buy to make another thread where they can discuss their concerns (positive or negative) about this item?*

Thank you very much.

--

Last edited:

Re: Opus BT-C3100 "Dreamcharger" GROUP BUY @ $ 41, shipped via China Post

You have my attention !! Let me know when this is a GO.
HMike

IWIRE

Likewise. Watching.

that is a fancy charger, may have to keep my eye on this

Very interested in this charger. Watching and waiting. Good price for such a high tech charger.

might be interested also

OOPS -- I'm not a BLF member.
Oh wellll.
HMike
I ordered one from Alix today. a little more $
but NOW.

Last edited:

thats awsum we can check the batterys impedance! no resistors and formulars needed, watching!

I just wanted to pass the news to those who don't venture on to BLF. This seems like a very nice charger if a couple things were fixed in the update. HKJ is being sent the new version to do testing on and then will announce the results. Most people are waiting for this new to opt in 100%.

Very interesting. Would you mind detailing what needed fixing?

OOPS -- I'm not a BLF member.
Oh wellll.
HMike
I ordered one from Alix today. a little more $
but NOW.

The nice thing about the GB is that it will be the updated version.

Very interesting. Would you mind detailing what needed fixing?

Here is some info

This post is from Henry Xu, the chief engineer of the BT-C3100: Reply concerning HKJ’s conclusion
(copy/pasted for his post #145 Review: Opus BT-C3100 ("dreamcharger!") | BudgetLightForum.com
Post # 145

1. The charger is oscillating and stops the charging a bit too premature
This has been solved by firmware update: charger will make no current increase back in the CV stage. So no oscillating at all circumstances.

2.The “resting”/overheating periods during 2A charging or 4 × 1A discharge

2A charging is supposed to be used for high capacity Li-ion batteries, we should mention this in user manual that charging with ni-mh AA batteries with 2A charging current is not appropriate. Since 1A discharge current for 4 pcs li-ion batteries will generate a lot heat, and the fan exhausting speed is not fast enough.So it can lead to thermo-protection kicked in, which this safety mechanism is designed for. So I hope it is acceptable. If only two batteries is discharged at 1A speed, it should be no problem.

3. Power spikes from the power supply
We noticed for 9A peak current with very little period time of less than 10ms. we improved this problem by adding a larger enough filtering capacitor and its peak current now is reduced to 7A. The problem is not 100% solved, however it is improving the power supply quality significantly.

4. Uses trickle charging for NiMH when cell is fully charged
I think trickle charging current for nimh is necessary. And we believe this is a good feature of this charger. We have no plan to take this trickle charging away for nimh batteries. For li-ion batteries, there is no trickle charge current.

The improved version will show 2.0 after power up for 2 second and then make full segment display turned on. This is the way to tell the difference between HKJ’s first reviewed version which has no version number displayed after power up. In future, if we make any improvement, we will have this version number updated reflecting the change.

Cool, thanks!
I'll see if I can find some time to read all those posts today.

Last edited:

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. The GB on BLF has surpassed the magic number 50
(59 right now) and with the GB177701 code we should be able to get the charger for $ 41.
Not bad at all.

What do you think???

ru124t

Do I Have to join their forum to get this deal?

Just go to one of the posted links above and use the GB17701 code.