Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New use for Mountain Dew.

Sodium bicarbonate, hydrogen peroxide & Mt.dew? I'm not buying it for a sec. Plus thats quite a glow hes got going on. I don't recall a phenyl oxalate on the ingredient list for Mt.dew. tcpo: dont try this!
Now I want to go make some TCPO... but now that I think about it I need new filters for my respirator so I could do without all that smelly, volatile & toxic junk atm.
How about a tomato glowing like its radioactive

Last edited:
Neat stuff.... but I have a tendency to believe internet videos
after I try them...:beer:

Jerry

This doesn't work...

Me and my buddies saw this on youtube a couple years back and we were dumb enough to try it. :crackup: It doesn't do anything. lol

We then found a video explaining how they really did it.... and they just cut a glowstick and pour it in the mountain dew. When you shake the mountain dew, the little glass piece from the glow stick breaks and the stuff starts glowing.

We were so bored that we tried it both ways. Obviously the glow stick way worked and the other way was a waist.

Last edited:
Another similar explanation from the comments:

He broke open a glow stick and the Mt. Dew
covers the color of the liquid. The baking
soda has nothing to do with it it just throws
you off, the Peroxide is what makes the liquid
glow. But if this was real...I do not think I
would drink Mt. Dew again.

Morgan

So you can drink glowsticks now! I've gotta get me some. It would definitely help with target aquisition when getting up for a nightime bladder release. That bathroom light is WAY too bright when I've been sleeping!

M
:)

Sodium bicarbonate, hydrogen peroxide & Mt.dew? I'm not buying it for a sec. Plus thats quite a glow hes got going on. I don't recall a phenyl oxalate on the ingredient list for Mt.dew. tcpo: dont try this!
Now I want to go make some TCPO... but now that I think about it I need new filters for my respirator so I could do without all that smelly, volatile & toxic junk atm.
How about a tomato glowing like its radioactive

HAHAHA Now for his original post.

Sodium bicarbonate, hydrogen peroxide & Mt.dew? I'm not buying it for a sec. I don't recall phenyl oxalate ester on the ingredient list for Mt.dew. Tho I will at least try it all the same.

:na:
We had one fish on the line. :tinfoil: