Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Two Tone 10X Jetlaser BE

Has anyone seen this new 2 tone BE I just received?
Not silver.
Not black.

KDJJjh5.jpg

rL7oyFG.jpg

Last edited:

Where's the AR coating ? I can see all the way through it.

---edit---

I suppose it's ok, I thought it had more of a chrome/gold color but maybe not so much.

51468d1463431482-jetlasers-10x-rcb-sany0983.jpg

Last edited:
It was always that way.

I am just having some fun.

I could not get a rubber lens cover to stay on it so I dipped it in plastidip. Usually, when I want to do this permanently I use their speical primer. However, the shape is such that it will not come off without being pulled. Now the rubber lens cover sticks nicely.

It is the light shining directly on it.
BTW, do any of you know how to take it apart?

i have a question to ask about those beam expanders as im interested to buy a 10x,i don't get clearly how those beam expanders can be mounted on our custom builds that the normal lenses(G2,3 element etc) are half screwed on the housing(m9x0.5) for infinity focus.do i have to take of the focusing lens and screw the expander on the m9x0,5 housing thread? even at this case i see a diferent threading on the BE than m9x05. sorry but im a bt confused:undecided:

BobMc

Lifetime discovered that there are two different pitches on the threads that JL has used on there BE’s. So it something to watch out for. Sanwu makes an adapter for using there BE’s on any standard 12mm module. Think there like $5.00 or so, there under “accessories”.

Last edited:
Yes the 3XBE is easy to use and makes a profound difference ( off the desktop, for desktop work just use a G2 and nothing else, want to pop a balloon across the yard SAFELY then use the 3XBE ) with diodes like the NUBM44 and others, heck all our MM diodes. Always practice appropriate safety and never point a laser at anyone or any airplane, car, bus, anything you know you shouldn't.

Just screw your 3E lens into the little adaptor as if it were a thumb wheel for focusing, then use it to focus your laser and loosen the set screw and push your module down until the adaptor bottoms out to hold your focus, focused to a tight line at 30 feet is a good starting point that works well all around.

Then tighten your set screw, allow for thread slack and re adjust if needed, it's easy.

Then screw in your BE and do all your focusing with the 3XBE.

3 element or G7 is best for NUBM44, G2 or G7 works well for NDB7875, NDG7475, M-140, PLTB450B

Note* The adaptors are metal and plenty strong, the 3XBE will also fit many ebay lasers with threaded tops. ;) Makes a huge difference with those awful orange diodes that focus like crapola.

12160-3xbe-adaptor-lens.jpg

12161-3xbe-attached-via-adaptor.jpg

12110-3x-beam-expander-adaptor-setup-using-module-depth-set-screw-hold-primary-lens-focus.jpg

----edit----

Lifetime17 can also make adaptors for the 3XBE, here's a heat sink he make me with threads built in for the 3XBE, but he can also make you a nice slip over adaptor, just ask him, there are many attractive options.

>>>>> https://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-thread-hosts-heat-sinks-focus-adapters-lasers-100082.html

12143-heat-sink-lifetime17-threaded-3xbe.jpg

12162-sany1749.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the 3XBE is easy to use and makes a profound difference ( off the desktop, for desktop work just use a G2 and nothing else, want to pop a balloon across the yard SAFELY then use the 3XBE ) with diodes like the NUBM44 and others, heck all our MM diodes. Always practice appropriate safety and never point a laser at anyone or any airplane, car, bus, anything you know you shouldn't.

Just screw your 3E lens into the little adaptor as if it were a thumb wheel for focusing, then use it to focus your laser and loosen the set screw and push your module down until the adaptor bottoms out to hold your focus, focused to a tight line at 30 feet is a good starting point that works well all around.

Then tighten your set screw, allow for thread slack and re adjust if needed, it's easy.

Then screw in your BE and do all your focusing with the 3XBE.

3 element or G7 is best for NUBM44, G2 or G7 works well for NDB7875, NDG7475, M-140, PLTB450B

Note* The adaptors are metal and plenty strong, the 3XBE will also fit many ebay lasers with threaded tops. ;) Makes a huge difference with those awful orange diodes that focus like crapola.

12160-3xbe-adaptor-lens.jpg

12161-3xbe-attached-via-adaptor.jpg

12110-3x-beam-expander-adaptor-setup-using-module-depth-set-screw-hold-primary-lens-focus.jpg

----edit----

Lifetime17 can also make adaptors for the 3XBE, here's a heat sink he make me with threads built in for the 3XBE, but he can also make you a nice slip over adaptor, just ask him, there are many attractive options.

>>>>> https://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sale-thread-hosts-heat-sinks-focus-adapters-lasers-100082.html

12143-heat-sink-lifetime17-threaded-3xbe.jpg

12162-sany1749.jpg

thanks for the very detailed and "noob" educational answer redcowboy,i'll get the 3x be to start with then and maybe later the 10x. you really helped me to make things easier :thanks:

BobMc

About the only down side I can find with the Sanwu adapter is you need to remove the lens, which means if you have a “gball removed diode” there’s a chance of contamination. Beside that, I got a couple and I give 2 thumbs up. (Just be careful if you use them on a removed gball laser). Enjoy, fun, safety. :)

Last edited:
I hope it helped, we do have a lot more visitors than members so I preach safety even though we all know about laser safety and I over explain things so that everyone reading can understand, nothing is ever meant to insult anyone's intelligence, not that that's what you were saying, I know it's not, and if I say something wrong I appreciate a speedy correction as I try not to ever give bad information, and I am not insulted when corrected, we all want to learn and be able to do more with less as everyone's time and most everyone's money is a finite resource that we want to get the most out of and do by sharing info. :beer:

------------------------------------------------

BobMc: You can use a slip over adaptor like Lifetime17 makes or you can use a razor blade to hold the lens barrel still by pressing it between the barrels threads at the heat sinks face as you unscrew your thumb wheel and install the adaptor, also I have an 06 that's de-canned and using the 3XBE lets the primary stay put and under tension as it's locked in place with tension between the lens barrel threads and module threads as well as the adaptor being bottomed out against the heat sink, now all my adjustment is done with the 3XBE and the primary makes a better seal.

If you really want to go minimum disturbance you can press your GBall diode into the 12mm copper module with full copper back half and finish your build.

Then when ready pop the GBall/can loose with a small screwdriver with the GBall pointed down so it falls out and have your adaptor with lens screwed in ready to go with Teflon tape on the threads, so you set it up quick and never take it out again or even turn it.

Last edited: