Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW STOCK: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Laser Host

Re: All Gone: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host (Restocking)

Since I don't have anything I can use to press it any farther than it already is I think I may do like Speedy mentioned and slightly file the ridges on the pill down a bit so it slides all the way in.

Looks like I'm also going to have desolder the driver from the diode + driver combo I got from DTR too which I'm not looking forward to. Hmm. Actually I wonder if instead of an 18650 I used a shorter 18500 and leave the pill where it stops now if everything would fit nicely. Time to take some measurements....

Update:

After some measurements the battery currently sticks out about ~7.5mm and the spring on the tail cap is ~13mm so a 18500 should work perfectly for power. I did notice the set screw hits below the diode part of the module so I'll have to cut the back part of the module down so it doesn't hit the pill but still gives the set screw something to bite into.

Last edited:

I have Searched Alot and i cant find it
Can somebody tell me or show me how to wire dual drivers and would it require twice the voltage input?

NKO29

I have Searched Alot and i cant find it
Can somebody tell me or show me how to wire dual drivers and would it require twice the voltage input?
All you have to do is solder the 2 drivers outputs together. basically just solder the diode's + pin to both positive outputs of the drivers.

Last edited:

Hey guys. What's the current status on these puppies?

Hi all. I should have ALL of the JAD kits shipped out by the end of the weekend. Again, my apologies. I'm doing everything I can to get them to you and have them be perfect. I'll PM the members as they go out.

just curious since its thursday now, did i miss my pm or did they not ship out over the weekend?:eek:

Got my 18500 Li Ions today and they work perfectly as I thought they would but I've run into another issue. I'm not sure if I just got a bum one but the clicky in the tail cap is ungodly flakey. I have to hit it four or five times to make it work. Time to see if I can disassemble it and see if it can be remedied.

How many people are still waiting for what they ordered? :thinking:

I'm a patient guy, but this is getting ridiculous.

sinner

I'm also waiting for a pm from Brian, I sent him one regarding the remaining orders.. Although I'm not sure if he made your laser but last we talked he was going to install drivers and send them out by the weekend..

I'm also waiting for a pm from Brian, I sent him one regarding the remaining orders.. Although I'm not sure if he made your laser but last we talked he was going to install drivers and send them out by the weekend..

That was LAST weekend. No word about THIS weekend that just passed? :thanks:

AnthoT

Don't worry about it. These can take time it's not an easy task to get 30-40 or however many custom machined hosts out perfectly on time. Just look how awesome they look... Definely worth the wait :)

I am also waiting, for a jad kit, I actually ended up spending the money I had saved for a diode for this, but hopefully I get this soon since if tuition fees/christmas/exam time comes along my build is gonna be delayed a good 6 months

Re: Pre-Sale: The MS-Envy - 18650 Custom Host

Whoa.
I like. Good job :beer:

How exactly does the focusing mechanism work?
What buck driver is used in the JAD kits? (I'm feelin' lazy)
Feeling lazy is good i lol at that +1 if when/system allows

Last edited:

Sinner/ SB or who ever is finishing the lasers, I'm cancelling my order.
This is taking to long

Last edited:

NKO29

When did you make your order?