Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Stock of Overspec 5mW Green **3/2011 batch is here!**

You guys realize there's a link to purchase in the OP ;) no need to ask me anymore! *only ask if you're outside the US*

Last edited:
Doh. No I didn't. I'm viewing this on my mobile n it's not
Formatted correctly sometimes. I've been skipping the first page. Ty.

Mine is out for delivery right now... Have two lasers to LPM tonight, and hopefully two more by the end of the week:D

EDIT:

So I got the laser today, and just LPMed it with some fresh batteries.

The Good: Hit 37mW Peak, 20mW average.

The Bad: 10mW of IR.

The Unusual: Seems to pulse, when it was putting out ~35mW it would literally pulse from from weak to strong, so not very stable.

Overall conclusion... for the price it's a great pointer, that does definitely live up to the OverSpec 5mW label:beer:

Last edited:
Mine is out for delivery right now... Have two lasers to LPM tonight, and hopefully two more by the end of the week:D

EDIT:

So I got the laser today, and just LPMed it with some fresh batteries.

The Good: Hit 37mW Peak, 20mW average.

The Bad: 10mW of IR.

The Unusual: Seems to pulse, when it was putting out ~35mW it would literally pulse from from weak to strong, so not very stable.

Overall conclusion... for the price it's a great pointer, that does definitely live up to the OverSpec 5mW label:beer:

Glad you're enjoying it! As I said in response to your PM, ~10mW of IR per ~30mW of power is generally how these go.. That is a little on the high end of IR that I usually see but still within reason.

The pulsing is unusual. I haven't actually encountered that nor did I encounter that while testing your laser before shipping it out! Something mightve gotten knocked funny in the mail.. Or you might be using not so great batteries? :evil:

Glad overall that you're pleased! Feedback like this is always helpful with me keeping quality at a high for you guys so keep it coming (especially the negative)!

Don't worry about the negative - there really isn't any. Overall I'm quite happy with this pen... especially for the price (and not having to wait a month to get it from some mystery chinese drop shipper warehouse).

I did some more testing with it, and it hit a rather impressive peak of 51mW:)

The laser does apparently need to warm up to reach it's peak. The first tests I did earlier were both pretty short, 30 seconds max... The second round of testing I did just now was a bit longer, 3 runs of 1 minute each with about a minute cool down in between.

First run peaked at 36mW, with IR content coming in at ~12mW. Second run peaked at 51mW and stayed at ~48mW, with IR content of ~14mW. Third run peaked at 36mW (again:)) and stayed pretty stable at ~32mW. IR content on last run was 11mW.

The pulsing is what had me concerned, but it seems this laser likes to be warm... once run time was past ~30 seconds or so on the first run it went away. Same thing on the second run after about 10 seconds. 15 seconds or so on the third run.

The batteries used in the very first test (earlier today) were almost discharged AAA Energizer Nimh, with 650mAh. For the second run I used regular but brand new rayovac AAA's. For all three runs in the evening I use the Energizer Nimhs again, but this tile fully charged.

So overall this laser peaks at over 10 times the 5mW rating, which is pretty impressive. Even with mostly dead batteries it does put out ~30mW total power 20mW of which is pure green. This is an ideal option for astronomy:beer:

im actually quite surprised I haven't received mine yet

edit: got it in the mail today

Last edited:

set

Hello swimminsurfer256

I would like to buy one laser pointer + international shipping for $16, can you pm me with your paypal address.

Since I live in the uk, are you able to label the package as <1mw or something similar to avoid customs?

Thanks

Hello swimminsurfer256

I would like to buy one laser pointer + international shipping for $16, can you pm me with your paypal address.

Since I live in the uk, are you able to label the package as <1mw or something similar to avoid customs?

Thanks

Sounds great! Send payment with a note of your LPF username and what you're buying to SwimminSurfer256@gmail.com

And of course I can do that. <1mW it is!

Thanks!