Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Stock of Overspec 5mW Green **3/2011 batch is here!**

Well, 5mW in 30 isn't bad at all... I suspect my current cheap green pen will die soon. It's almost literally falling apart.

I've tested for IR in two ways... measuring total output without IR filter and with. The other way is to measure the output after it passing the beam through safety goggles rated for 532nm but not IR.

To be honest IR doesn't concern me in terms of safety, but because sometimes in greens it's a huge component... I have one 50mW laser that's 50% IR, as a result it's not really too bright:(

I'll be ordering as soon as my current cheapie green finally decides to die. Wouldn't mind paying more for an overspec;)

hello, i have a <5mw green laser atm cheapy off ebay, would this be an improvement ? for the price anyway dont think i could really missout, can you pm me price for shipping to the uk ? would i get stung import duties ? or marking as gift ....?

Thanks
Rocky

Well, 5mW in 30 isn't bad at all... I suspect my current cheap green pen will die soon. It's almost literally falling apart.

I've tested for IR in two ways... measuring total output without IR filter and with. The other way is to measure the output after it passing the beam through safety goggles rated for 532nm but not IR.

To be honest IR doesn't concern me in terms of safety, but because sometimes in greens it's a huge component... I have one 50mW laser that's 50% IR, as a result it's not really too bright:(

I'll be ordering as soon as my current cheapie green finally decides to die. Wouldn't mind paying more for an overspec;)

I've always gone with that second way because I don't have an IR filter handy :p that's how I've been testing the IR output (my green safety glasses)

hello, i have a <5mw green laser atm cheapy off ebay, would this be an improvement ? for the price anyway dont think i could really missout, can you pm me price for shipping to the uk ? would i get stung import duties ? or marking as gift ....?

Thanks
Rocky

It should definitely be an improvement. I mean, if you're not satisfied also you can always send it back for a refund. I don't think I've had any problems with shipping to the UK (not that I can recall anyways). The only problems arise usually with Australia.
Import duties shouldn't be a problem. I mean I can mark the laser as a $5 price and it won't be a big deal. I don't even think they tax them but I'm not sure about the laws. The main thing you have to let me know is any restrictions on lasers that I'd have to circumvent with the labeling of the laser.

In other news, should be getting the lasers later this week!

Sweet! Have you tested any to see if they are still overspec? I want at least one.

Thanks,
Kevin

PayPal? It'll be tomorrow; have to find out if the girlfriend also wants one...

Thanks,
Kevin