Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Stock of Overspec 5mW Green **3/2011 batch is here!**

I just ordered two; thanks! I also screwed it up by not putting my LPF name in. Manley is my last name, though, which should make it easy to figure out. Sorry about that; Southpark is affecting my brain...

Kevin

Got all your guys' orders! I was an idiot and forgot to bring the lasers to work with me so they won't go out til this afternoon (which means by post office standards tomorrow morning). Sorry :/

NP, no rush.

Besides most post offices actually have two pickups, at least the one closest to me does, the second pickup is at 2pm.

Need to get some more lithium aaa's anyway.

NP, no rush.

Besides most post offices actually have two pickups, at least the one closest to me does, the second pickup is at 2pm.

Need to get some more lithium aaa's anyway.

You weren't included in that :p I got yours out yesterday I do believe so you should get it hopefully by tomorrow or Saturday! The other two ordered around midnight last night and I forgot this morning to put the stuff in my car. Oops..

I'm definitely going to buy one once I get my 1st paycheck which will be in a week or two.

Couple questions:

After picking one at random, can you measure with an LPM with and without IR? That way I can tell not only what this is, but I can compare it to the <5mw I got on eBay.

and

What state are you in?

Last edited:
I'm probably going to buy one once I get my 1st paycheck which will be in a week or two.

Couple questions:

After picking one at random, can you measure with an LPM with and without IR? That way I can tell not only what this is, but I can compare it to the <5mw I got on eBay.

and

What state are you in?

Sounds good!

And I measure every one before I ship it to make sure it's at least over 20mW of green. I don't disclose the information though and I refuse to because too many people have been complaining when they receive a "low" powered one at 20mW. I'd recommend getting a laser power meter :) if it's going to be a hobby it's definitely a very valuable investment!

I'm in California.

Sounds good!

And I measure every one before I ship it to make sure it's at least over 20mW of green. I don't disclose the information though and I refuse to because too many people have been complaining when they receive a "low" powered one at 20mW. I'd recommend getting a laser power meter :) if it's going to be a hobby it's definitely a very valuable investment!

I'm in California.

Where is a good place to buy an inexpensive LPM anyways? What do they usually go for?

EDIT: Wow, just googled and they certainly aren't cheap. About half the cost of my parts for a new computer I was planning on building.

Last edited:
Where is a good place to buy an inexpensive LPM anyways? What do they usually go for?

I have only been messing with this laser for about a week, so I don't know if I will become an enthusiast yet.

I have a problem with my current eBay laser. You can see the beam, but only at late night with no street lights on.

It looks amazing at a golf course around here though around midnight, but I was hoping I could find one that had more lenient conditions under which a beam would be produced.

So would one of your average lasers (~35mw) produce a beam in more lenient conditions? Just curious.

I would recommend LaserBee http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/j...only-data-logging-119-99-stock-now-61644.html for a good quality and very cheap LPM. His stuff is what I've used my entire life!

Mine most likely won't be toooo much brighter than that. You can usually see the beam a little bit indoors and definitely at night. Street lights I don't think are an issue (I haven't had any issues in that sense).

You could always buy the other laser I have for sale ;) It's a 450-500mW pure green (IR filtered) for $400 shipped. You definitely wouldn't have a problem seeing that beam anywhere except outdoors in broad sunlight ;)

I would recommend LaserBee http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/j...only-data-logging-119-99-stock-now-61644.html for a good quality and very cheap LPM. His stuff is what I've used my entire life!

Mine most likely won't be toooo much brighter than that. You can usually see the beam a little bit indoors and definitely at night. Street lights I don't think are an issue (I haven't had any issues in that sense).

You could always buy the other laser I have for sale ;) It's a 450-500mW pure green (IR filtered) for $400 shipped. You definitely wouldn't have a problem seeing that beam anywhere except outdoors in broad sunlight ;)

Oh that's not too bad for an LPM. My google search revealed LPMs in the 250 dollar range.

400 bucks ey? Maybe if I hit the lotto I'll up my budget a bit.

Oh that's not too bad for an LPM. My google search revealed LPMs in the 250 dollar range.

400 bucks ey? Maybe if I hit the lotto I'll up my budget a bit.

$200 for a good one. Not tooo bad!

And yeah! It's actually a pretty good deal.. You wouldn't have to win the lotto to buy itttttttttt :shhh:

So how do you get your lasers? Of course you don't have to reveal what you don't want to.

Do you buy them from China? Make them yourself? I'm curious.

So how do you get your lasers? Of course you don't have to reveal what you don't want to.

Do you buy them from China? Make them yourself? I'm curious.

Not a problem! I bought a laser form an old Chinese seller in 2007ish and kept buying them from him and eventually we developed a relationship where he gave me really high quality stuff for pretty darn cheap. I don't even think he sells on eBay anymore (I've looked) but he continues to supply me. Maybe he started a website I'm not sure. I'm not complaining though! :)

Can you put up a link to your eBay page?

EDIT: Also, do you have enough 44mW or over lasers to do that 2.50 extra for a guarantee of over or equal to that amount? Or have you stopped doing that?

Last edited: