Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Stile Custom Host for flexdrive.

I was thinking the same thing, like a cylinder shaped plastic that is slotted in the middle to slide over the flexdrive and hold it all still.

use a small or pinch of mighty putty... sounds bad I know, but if you do it right it will look good and provide protection... trust me on this.

@Ehgemus very nice host is there a way you can make one thats is identical, but uses a 18650 at the same $

use a small or pinch of mighty putty... sounds bad I know, but if you do it right it will look good and provide protection... trust me on this.

@Ehgemus very nice host is there a way you can make one thats is identical, but uses a 18650 at the same $

I have used the same stuff in several of my builds sold under the locktite brand
Loctite Consumer Retail Products | Product Detail

Great stuf, as it is moldable. You can shape and form it to just about anything. Dries rock hard in 5 minutes.
I used it in my jayrob cr2 build, to add stregnth between my diode and flexdrive. I have also used it to insulate and mount springs to the bottom of some of my aixiz modules.

You could also make a plastic sleeve to wrap around the flex drive. It would also prevent the battery from putting too much pressure on the flex drive.
yes I have thought of this and can add that for a few extra bucks.:beer:

I wish i just cut the diode pins down some so the driver would sit right on top of the aluminum, that way there is no downward pressure on the diode.

ok I have another host for sale. Here are some pictures

This is some pictures of how I built mine.

You are buying just the host. 3.5" long the handle is about 3/4" dia. uses one cr123 battery, black click switch in the back. very nice little host with great heat-sinking. 40.00 shipped.