Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New site live - please report any questions/issues here

I just re-read the question I posted earlier and found
that it was not very clear...:oops:

On the New Posts pages....at the top left of the list
of threads...
Is it possible to have the [Show only: Unread ]default
changed to [Show All]. Every time I check a thread it
goes back to [Show only: Unread ].
Really irritating to have to enable [Show All] for
every thread I look at in there.

As to the raffle idea... IIRC.. we had gone through that
years ago and it was found to pssibly cause legal issues
for the LPF administration.

Perhaps a tier or open subscription choice per month.
Just like the Donations, give what you can (per Month
or not) and like the Donations not everyone can afford
a regular large donation so members give what they can.

Jerry

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Jerry. I knew there was pro and cons to the idea, I just didn't realise there was any legal issues regarding it due to seeing online lotteries/raffles before. My main issue with it was down to trust/corruption. If it was to be done, then it would have to ensured there was no corruption involved and the winner was truly random.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I just re-read the question I posted earlier and found
that it was not very clear...:oops:

On the New Posts pages....at the top left of the list
of threads...
Is it possible to have the [Show only: Unread ]default
changed to [Show All]. Every time I check a thread it
goes back to [Show only: Unread ].
Really irritating to have to enable [Show All] for
every thread I look at in there.

As to the raffle idea... IIRC.. we had gone through that
years ago and it was found to pssibly cause legal issues
for the LPF administration.

Perhaps a tier or open subscription choice per month.
Just like the Donations, give what you can (per Month
or not) and like the Donations not everyone can afford
a regular large donation so members give what they can.

Jerry

You're right, Jerry, I remember when we weren't even supposed to use the "raffle" word when we were talking about selling things, or raising money.

I agree, whether it be a subscription, or donation, just give what you can; I decided to try the subscription for a while, since I'm lazy and tend not to donate on my own.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Good question, Len, I had asked about the albums earlier, but forgot about the social groups.
I don't think my question was answered yet; it sure would be nice to still have them available. :)

Encap

Would be nice if the dark blue forum, thread, and post titles could be made brighter like when you point to them they change to a very visible blue. The dark blue makes it a struggle to read and see what is going on unlike the old LPF where it was easy to see everything and navigate around--spoils the LPF experience for me at least

Avery: Please look into doing something about the "dark blue" problem---several long time members have mentioned same. It make LPF a less attractive choice to visit and participate in than used to be the case. LPF doesn't need less participation it needs, if anything, more participation. This new format making LPF an uncomfortable and difficult to view place doesn't help.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had some really old builds in my albums. I might still have those photos stored somewhere else, but I'm not so sure. I hadn't actually looked at them in quite awhile.

Would be nice if the dark blue forum, thread, and post titles could be made brighter like when you point to them they change to a very visible blue. The dark blue makes it a struggle to read and see what is going on unlike the old LPF where it was easy to see everything and navigate around--spoils the LPF experience for me at least

Avery: Please look into doing something about the "dark blue" problem---several long time members have mentioned same. It make LPF a less attractive choice to visit and participate in than used to be the case. LPF doesn't need less participation it needs, if anything, more participation. This new format making LPF an uncomfortable and difficult to view place doesn't help.
Yeah... I mentioned it early on and I agree 100%...
Quite hard to clearly see the Non-Bold dark blue text...:cry:

I see no reason to not be able to use the light
Blue I use in my Sig.

Jerry