Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

new phone= awesomeness

I just bought the NEW Samsung intrepid and I am very pleased. First app.
I purchased was the slingplayer... nothing like getting 340+ channels over 3g network also payperview and my video surveillance camera. :yh:

Second app. I purchased was the coreplayer very schweet all my i-pod movies and psp movies I had backed-up can now be copied to my 8 gig card and played on my phone. :yh:

I recommend this phone and these apps. hours of fun and many envious friends. Thank you for reading. jander6442

Rob

Slingplayer is an amazing app. I just wish I had a slingbox so I could use it. LOL

I've been thinking about getting a slingbox for quite awhile now... I think you just pushed my "I need to buy a cool new gadget" button

Instead of Slingbox, I use orb and the best part is...it's free:) It will allow you to stream all of your media in your home network on any computer....even an Xbox 360.
It works quite well. You can access all of your media on your pc...including tv if you have a tuner, anywhere in the world too. :) It's awesome.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

Congrats on your new phone Jander....it sounds pretty sweet. :)
Later,
Iskor12

Last edited:

Rob

Thanks for the tip Iskor! Saves me the money of buying a slingbox. I'm downloading now. :D

Instead of Slingbox, I use orb and the best part is...it's free:) It will allow you to stream all of your media in your home network on any computer....even an Xbox 360.
It works quite well. You can access all of your media on your pc...including tv if you have a tuner, anywhere in the world too. :) It's awesome.

MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

Congrats on your new phone Jander....it sounds pretty sweet. :)
Later,
Iskor12

I was thinking of getting it so I can use the slingplayer on my phone

which wireless carrier do you use?

I'm using sprint...very fast downloads. I can tell you there is nothing like watching payperview whilst the wife is driving down the highway.:wave:
I'll never miss another race again and now I don't have to be tide down
to a wifi spot. If there are bars I can run the app

I've got over 130 psp/i-pod movies that I've captured from my media center using the nero 7 capture feature. I wait for the new flicks to come out and while the payperviews are playing I transcode them into the h264 formate.

Iskor: I have used Orb in the past and there is a lot of dirty files and just plain wack jobs there lots of red flags on my virus protection. I also dont have to use wifi... I can get the signal from virtually anywhere. This was the whole point, before I had the location free player and was cuffed to either a air card or wifi:wave:

Iskor: I have used Orb in the past and there is a lot of dirty files and just plain wack jobs there lots of red flags on my virus protection. I also dont have to use wifi... I can get the signal from virtually anywhere. This was the whole point, before I had the location free player and was cuffed to either a air card or wifi:wave:

Weird...Why would you get red flags? All it does is use your computer as a media server. There is absolutely nothing unsafe in it. The only thing that your system would flag is it trying to send files out on a port....you will have to grant it access for the first time. IT's actually quite secure and the new software that they have is rather stable. I had issues with their old software, but ever since 2.0 came out, it's been flawless.

FYI: for the people who want to stream to your Xbox360....you can turn up the quality. IF you need to know how...just ask

As for being able to watch it on your phone.....unless you have an Iphone 3g, it isn't going to work. They currently only have an app for Iphones.

My bad Heath I was thinking of limewire...don't know why. I think it was the logos I had mixed up.

Orb I had afixed for my ps3/psp no luck with it though. Nero and Media player both will stream ps3 over a network.

My phone also will remote desktop my computer. Playing my itunes over my phone at work...fun stuff

Last edited:
As for being able to watch it on your phone.....unless you have an Iphone 3g, it isn't going to work. They currently only have an app for Iphones.

:whistle:

Purchase and download SlingPlayer Mobile for your mobile device. Compatible devices include:
Windows Mobile Pocket PC (WM 2003 SE, WM 5, WM 6 Professional)
Windows Mobile Smartphone (WM 5, WM 6 Standard)
Palm OS (select devices)
Symbian OS (select devices)
BlackBerry (select devices)
iPhone & iPod touch

Slingbox is great....but for those of us who don't have money to buy one....ORB is awesome. :)

Rob

Slingbox is great....but for those of us who don't have money to buy one....ORB is awesome. :)

You got that right. :D Downloaded the app for my iphone and i'm very happy with it. Saved me a lot of money. I had no idea that this existed.

ZRTMWA

I've got over 130 psp/i-pod movies that I've captured from my media center using the nero 7 capture feature. I wait for the new flicks to come out and while the payperviews are playing I transcode them into the h264 formate...

Could you explain this further? You just watch a movie on payperview and nero 7 puts them right into ipod format? Thanks