Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Package! (56k Warning)

Asherz

Got a package delivered today, some new gear for a build I've had planned for a while!

The build is based around a design I had for a host, which was sent in the form of a crude sketch to Ehgemus who turned it into a workable design with great skill and an amazing finish, looks much better than I had hoped! :) So just wanted to say thanks to him for the amazing service I had, he answered all my questions quickly, politely and produced an amazing final outcome!

The next guy I wanted to mention was DTR, another great guy on the forum also answered all my questions almost instantly, and I got a pretty sweet deal on some drivers and a 445nm diode, and on top of that he included some silicon insulated high grade wire and heatshrink! Which I really appreciated, and saved me a trip down to the local electronics store :)

Anyways onto some pictures! I'll be posting a build log soon as I'm not at home at the moment.

Bubble wrapped and packed into a padded envelope
IMG_1562.jpg

The host all wrapped up and DTR's driver/diode to the left
IMG_1563.jpg

NJG-18 driver front
IMG_1567.jpg

NJG-18 driver back
IMG_1564.jpg

The host, a 5 part build (focus ring, diode head, finned section, body and knurled tailcap) Ehgemus did a great job with the black enamel inner fins aswell, and I seriously can't fault the joins, I didn't even realise there was an extra section for the diode press it fit together so well! :)
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Five piece body disassembled
IMG_1572.jpg

diode press head
IMG_1573.jpg

The driver fits perfectly at the bottom of the battery compartment, in the finned section of the host, with a hole that leads through directly to the diode, the edge of the driver is contact plated, so I'm pretty sure that means the driver makes it's contact to the host just by sitting in it's little holder :)
IMG_1575.jpg

Well, that's all the pictures so far, I'll get some more up when I get it built/building and possibly a video as well :)

DTR

This is the first I am seeing the finished host. Very nice.:beer:

DrSid

Wow .. very professionally build .. and the driver fits it like glove ! I wonder how it will handle the diode.

That is SICK.:drool: to say the least. I like your style and thinking.:gj:

+:beer:

LaZeRz

Wow thats really nice, cant wait to see it when its finished

Asherz

Can't wait to see some beam shots.:drool:

Sent you some rep Ehgemus, thanks for the amazing host I love it! :)

Be getting it built up tonight when I'm back home, I'll take some more pictures and get some beam shots for you all :)

itsmei

Wow this host is sick, Ehgemus made that perfect. Can't wait till it's finished. Please post beam shots, this forum loves pictures!!!

+rep for awsome build

Asherz

This build has taken me just about all day, but it's finally finished.

Had an issue with a diode LED'ding, so I had to take a 445nm from another build, then I ended up decanning the diode after pushing it out of it's previous aixiz module (low and behold the beast still lives)

I then had issue with the NGJ-18 driver and my test load not working, so I ended up stripping the board and using the spring/negative inputs on it too a flex drive lower down hidden inside the host's head, from there feeding 1A to the diode and finally I've got it up and working but it was definitly worth the effort, it's a beuty :)

Even though there's a flex drive in there it remains hidden and the round driver still fits nicely in the top acting as a positive spring contact for the battery and negative host contact.

PICTURES TO COME! :)

Last edited: