Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New O-like 250mw?

Just as I was going to order the O-like Cute High power 300mW red laser torch/focusable for 59.99$, it is sold out. Bummer! :yabbmad:

However, I noticed a new Cute High power 250mW red laser torch/focusable that was added to O-like's stock today for 54.99$.

Anybody knows something about this new 250mw 'cute' red?

I realy don't understand it and I emailed Susie and asked her when are they going to restock the 300mw.

Update:
Susie replied and said: "Will be a long time ,pls order 250mW version". Quite a disappointment, I must say.

Last edited:

I placed my Order for the Cute 300mW Red laser on 1-30-2010. At the time it said they were in stock. I just got an email on Tuesday from Susie saying they are sold out of the 300mW lasers and asked if I wanted a 250mW instead and would refund me $5 back. I agreed and said yes since there is not much else I can do about it. Kind of a bummer knowing Now I will have a less powered laser then I wanted too...

Couldn't agree more.

If they know that people like powerful lasers, why not restock the 300mW but bring less powerful ones?

My guess is that it's a financial issue.

It is probably profitable for O-like to buy the 250mW from the supplier and sell it in a price close to the 300mW than restocking the 300mW.

Maybe if we keep emailing Susie asking her to restock the 300mW they will do it sooner.

If you ordered both you would not be able to distinguish a difference without an LPM.

You can say that also with respect to the 200mW. So what's the use selling more powerful reds? Let's all buy the 200mW. Fact is that there is a demand for more powerful reds, hence O-like's behavior is a little bit peculiar, imho.

The fact is...

The cost of parts for the 250mW vs. the 300mW is the same.
"So what's the use selling more powerful reds?"
To answer this question applying what we know about the manufacturing cost...
O-like can make more profit for what is essentially the same product by selling it for a few $ more and calling it "300mW."

There is nothing peculiar about Susie's behavior.
If they are out of stock, they are out of stock.

You have 2 choices... buy the lesser one which is the same for all intents and purposes or wait until it is back in stock.

Continuously emailing Susie is not going to get the 300mW laser back in stock any faster. If anything, it will cause a delay because you are so impatient that you have to waste someone else's time reading your impatient emails.

FYI, O-like's product page changes as things come in and out of stock.
The 250mW red "cute" laser has been available for a while and is not a new addition to O-like's stock.

The difference in power is due to variation in the diodes and higher current input. Getting a diode that outputs more than the usual at a given current (aka higher efficiency) is a rare thing. A diode that can survive more power input than the norm is another rare thing.
The fact is... you cannot expect a constant supply of rare items just because there is high demand for it.

Last edited:
i oredred a 300mW cute laser and recieved the same exact message as ryan227 :spank: and i agreed to settle 4 the 250mW so reading this makes me feel decently happy about my decision :Sold:

The fact is...

The cost of parts for the 250mW vs. the 300mW is the same.
"So what's the use selling more powerful reds?"
To answer this question applying what we know about the manufacturing cost...
O-like can make more profit for what is essentially the same product by selling it for a few $ more and calling it "300mW."

There is nothing peculiar about Susie's behavior.
If they are out of stock, they are out of stock.

You have 2 choices... buy the lesser one which is the same for all intents and purposes or wait until it is back in stock.

Continuously emailing Susie is not going to get the 300mW laser back in stock any faster. If anything, it will cause a delay because you are so impatient that you have to waste someone else's time reading your impatient emails.

FYI, O-like's product page changes as things come in and out of stock.
The 250mW red "cute" laser has been available for a while and is not a new addition to O-like's stock.

The difference in power is due to variation in the diodes and higher current input. Getting a diode that outputs more than the usual at a given current (aka higher efficiency) is a rare thing. A diode that can survive more power input than the norm is another rare thing.
The fact is... you cannot expect a constant supply of rare items just because there is high demand for it.

You seem to have more information than me.

I didn't know about all these facts you just mentioned.

I guess I will wait until it is back in stock.

Thanks.

I was lucky - I received my 300mW 'Cute' red laser from O-like earlier this week. Works like a charm. On the other hand, there is very little difference between the 250 and the 300mW versions. If you were holding one in each hand, you'd be surprised how hard it would be to tell them apart. Don't worry about the slight difference in output power, and concentrate on enjoying the laser.

red is already kinda hard to see, so i doubt the extra 50mw would be seen with the naked eye.

i also got a feeling that those 300mw are just abit more overdriven then the 250mw ones
so they might even die in less hours then the 250mw ones.

just my oppinion

and about burning you wouldnt notice the difference between 300 vs 250

i got a 312mw laser and a 200-220mw dilda they seem to burn at the same intensity and speed

anything over ~250mW is severely overdriven.. Have you've tested both lasers? They can't burn at same 'intensity', as they have different 'intensities'. ;)

trust me seeing it with your eyes you absolutely cant tell any difference, perhaps 300mW burns just a tiiiiiiiiiiiny bit better but that is impossible for a human to tell by just seeing it.

only if there was a bigger difference in power or a slightly different wavelenght then you could maybe see a difference

so anyway if you dont have a LPM dont worry about getting 250 or 300 mW it wil look and probobly burn the same.

Xtrm2Rick may be right. Get the 250mW one if it has lower or equal divergence. At 300mW you will get a slightly lower battery life and can damage your eyes easily, with no better burning power or visibility.

a yes i totally forgot to say that battery life would be shorter not sure if you would notice it but it wil surely be shorter, this is due to the driver providing more "power" to the laser to get the higher output and thus draining more "power" from the battery.

also diode life might be shorter at 300mW, and i gues runtime is lower to those red's get pretty hot at those currents