Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member / Need advice.

Hello everybody! Thanks to whoever is in charge of and pays for this site, I love it already!

New guy, from Detroit, Michigan.
Got a few questions, would greatly appreciate any advice.

1) What is the difference between blue/violet/purple lasers? are they the same? Im looking for blacklight lasers, are all of these the same?

2) Anybody know where I can buy 5mw blacklight lasers for cheap? all i can find is a deal for 10 us dollars with starfield if i buy in groups of 20. I need at least 100 of them, prefer with starfield tips, but dont want to pay that much...

Thank you for helping if you can.
Drunk Mike.

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
hey welcome. im c0ldshadow the site admin

thx glad u like the site honestly its the members here that make this place great in terms of content, i just keep the software, server and firewall running =)

473nm blue lasers are more generally more expensive and less powerful for handheld devices. they are more of a luke skywalker blue lightsabre color. violet/bluray 405nm lasers are more of purple. they can be bought at higher powers generlaly for handheld and are cheaper to make. 405nm makes an awesome fluresense on glow and the dark objects.

not sure about blacklight lasers but some1 else can prob help with that

have fun
peace
-ave

jakeGT

Never heard of a blacklight laser, but 405nm (purple/violet) Flouresces somewhat like blacklight. It makes glow in the dark objects glow.

Ash

Yep. The blacklight laser is 405nm (bluray) and can range from 5mW to ~1W.
Dark blue lasers are 445nm (true blue) and range typically from 500mW to ~2W.
Light blue lasers are 473nm (sky blue) and usually range from 5mW to ~100mW.
images

What you are looking for is the "bluray" laser, and for $10 each with a star-cap, that is a good deal if they are actually <5mW.
May I ask, what do you need 100 blacklight lasers for? Some party? If they are to be given to multiple people in the same room and are actually greater than 5mW, then you should also purchase 100 pairs of safety glasses to protect against 405nm laser light, as a 405nm laser greater than 5mW can cause permanent eye injury with even a very short direct ht from the laser.
th_Blind.gif

Hello and welcome to the forum!:wave: 405 cost alot more than $10 here...at laser forum youll find that you get QUALITY NOT QUANTITY sorry i cant spell someone will correct me.

Hello everybody! from china,Thank you very much!

Let me guess.....you have lasers for sale.

BTW you can buy 5mW 405nm for around $10. I bought one for $3 with free shipping some time ago. Keep your eye out on eBay auctions.