Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member from UK

Hi, thanks guys but please don't waste to much time on this. I've already send the thing back and they've confirmed receipt but no explanation and agreed to test and send a replacement. I paid on visa card as well so it could be a lot worse. Just wary after a few things i've read about the company but i'll do a full review myself and post the outcome of the replacement as well.

@lasersbee I didn't think wise to take apart. Pen style laser with a glued gold top and I didn't want to scratch the gold off by forcing it with pliars and have a return refused. If it was the lens physically moving somehow I would have liked to think the tapping against desk test I did would have had a reaction. Yet strange how pressing the power button hard vs soft at different angles and turning battery cap tight vs loose caused so much fluctuation in not only the beam strength but also the quality even while the pen was held steady. It could do bright or dull, with or without the splash just by turning the cap or gently manipulating the button. Shaking or tapping had no effect. This is where I just shrugged there is something up with it and gave up.

@BowtieGuy The beam was as straight as a arrow which is the only reason I spent so much time faffing about trying to work out the problem. Hopefully I get a better one next time otherwise I get my money back and put it towards a blue which I see come a lot more powerful without so many lies and less likely to be ripped off on.

Matt

mattydc, how did you find the forum, googling laser pointer?

@Alaskan Yes that's right. I've been lurking around for a while but only started really reading up when I decided to make another laser purchase - my main hobby is amateur radio/scanning and that's where I spend most of the small hobby money I have. May I ask what those links in your signature mean about being verified? They don't load up for me and while I would be happy to be verified I find the donation offer situation a little unusual. Please explain this and what it entails. And thank you to everyone else who has helped/welcomed with my little problem. I will post a review on my purchase in the companies forum shortly for members benefit.

One thing I would like to ask is - there is a direct link to laserpointerstore from this site. This is a site I looked into buying from and contacted/had a response but they have suddenly decided 200mw+ green lasers are unstable and removed from store. Is this a good place to purchase a blue 445 from? I've read problems about a LPM and a guy called Tommy claiming incorrect specs from this store. If this is his store is it good for a blue laser and if he has claimed incorrect specs why does he have a link from the main page? Just trying to get my head around the many scams that seem to be rife in this hobby... Thanks

Matt

Good point! If you are going to be a regular contributing member here, joining the club, so to speak, my signature says it all.

Edit: I moved the mention of being willing to donate more for the help vetting new members out of my signature, explaining it in the vet section. Come to think of it, non-vets don't need to see that, they haven't been here long enough to understand.

Last edited: