Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New member from San Antonio

venom

Hello All

I just found this page today. So I thought I would introduce myself. I am a now as of March 6 a 49yo Divorced Man paying child support on 4 kids. I really do not have any hobbies for financial reasons, lol. I love movies, tv shows and my number one and always will be is my kids. I got my first laser a few years ago. I basically got it because of my former cats which she kept. I now like them and fascinated by them and l want to know more about them. I only have low power ones and did not even know about colors being different wave lengths and power, so leaning slowly. both I have are green lasers and well I love blue and most of all purple so I need to get safety glasses. Should have gotten some regardless before (age). Would also love to learn more first hand so if anyone is from San Antonio let me know. I would add more but I'm off to change my car oil.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to LPF, venom! :wave:

Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your stay. :yh:

Survival Lasers is a great place to get your safety glasses/goggles, their "Eagle Pair" eyewear are a great product at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and the hobby, it doesn't have to be expensive, not with the cheap China lasers out there, but few active members are able to resist the more expensive lasers :) I've been through a divorce in 2012, still suffer from it today, when you have kids, you can never really detach from your ex completely.

Welcome to the forum. I have been a member since 2014 but found myself too immature at the time so gave up for a few years as I also did not have the money to purchase any lasers. I then came back later last year, a year after my parents divorced and found lasers to be a great way to take my mind off of that situation. Glad to hear your children come first! :)

Survival Lasers is a great place to get your safety glasses/goggles, their "Eagle Pair" eyewear are a great product at reasonable prices.

^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to LPF! There are many nice people here who’ll be happy to help and listen to your questions. You can use our extensive database by using the Search button on each page. Lasers are a wonderful, albeit somewhat expensive, hobby. Please be sure to remember that safety is the number one priority when using any laser. A lifetime loss of vision can result from a beam exposure as brief as 0.25 seconds. Have fun, but please always remember to be laser safe. Enjoy your stay here and Take Care.

-cd. :D

Welcome to the LPF. I have a grown daughter, but was lucky enough to raise her myself after her mother took off. I can't imagine having to pay child support for four kids. That must be a financial burden, but we all do what is necessary for our kids. You can get some reasonably inexpensive lasers in several wavelengths from China, so you needn't spend a lot to enjoy lasers. Hope you are able to learn as much as you want here.

Welcome to the Forum...
Keeping it in your pants costs a lot less...:beer:
There is a ton of Laser related info on the
Forum and it is FREE to read...

Jerry

Last edited:
WELCOME FROM Lake Jackson area.. you missed a very nice LEM in 2012.. Tim Walsh(Past ILDA Pres.) is in San Marcos but has lots of friends in SA. He was main organizer of TEXLEM 2012--the venue was at Urban 15.. for a smallish LEM that place is ideal- but so 'bookedup' its unlikely we will be back. Maybe you can drop in on George and send our very best wishes and anytime we can return-- we will be there.. George 'LaserFace' Hoffman was living there but atm I think he is in Houston- we may have a STEXLEM so come join in on the laser fun. There are a dozen active members in Tx ...glad you came back-- . sending some invites. please accept.. hak in Brazoria..

Last edited:
I went through Brazoria many years ago. I think it was around 1974. Probably long before you got there, Len.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey guys, the last time the OP posted was back in march, and he's only posted 3 times, he's probably not going to respond. :yh:

venom

Thank you everyone. For the warm welcome. Sorry for the late reply been putting in overtime at work and now car problems so that is where that money is going sadly. Its 6:02 am right now been awake close to 3 hours now because I work overnight. My kids are here with me for the weekend they are sleeping while I am here wishing I could ha ha. I need to look up and see if there are any shops that have lasers and safety glasses on the cheap. I have put my lasers away for the time being due to not having glasses especially because of my kids. I like to watch videos on youtube of lasers and amazed at how powerful they can be.