Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New laser module half-working

Make sure you are focusing the lens too. It can look very spread out if out of focus. The FL of a G-2 lens is ~2.3 mm. That is how close to the diode it needs to be to focus properly.

Make sure you are focusing the lens too. It can look very spread out if out of focus. The FL of a G-2 lens is ~2.3 mm. That is how close to the diode it needs to be to focus properly.

Yes, that is why I ordered a focusing lens

EDIT: Sorry, read that wrong. Focusing the g-2? I thought I couldn't focus the one I bought.

Last edited:

Encap

True. I couldn't find a 4 amp driver at the moment, because DTR isn't selling at the moment. I also contacted him, and he pointed out that the one I bought is suppose to be rectangular. We'll see if I did any damage with the driver and lens (hopefully none :D )

Oh, and what I meant by weak and spread is with the 10 ohm resistor. If I were to give it 6 amps again it would be super bright (but I have learned not to do that). The spread is just the nature of the g-2 lens.

It is not just the nature of the lens-- as has been mentioned to you many times now--it is the nature of laser diode construction--rectangular emitters---no lens can change that --just modify bigger and smaller. Different lenses provides more or less output and diverge more or less quickly.

See: http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/there-something-wrong-my-beam-spot-59400.html

Yes, that is why I ordered a focusing lens

EDIT: Sorry, read that wrong. Focusing the g-2? I thought I couldn't focus the one I bought.

What are you talking about?

With no lens you can't focus it. What in your daydream world do you imagine a lens, any lens, is for or does?

You move the lens closer or further away from the light source --that is called focusing--any lens on any device including a G2 lens used with a laser diode. You have already been through this demented song and dance in this thread. See post #39 in this thread about your G2 lens: "Of course the lens will focus the beam--you turn the knurled end that holds the lens to adjust the focus"

It really seems you have to be/can only be, trolling as many have thought was the case before --nobody is that completely, devoid of all common knowledge or common sense, except on purpose.

Last edited:
That is what the G-2 is made for. To focus your laser and get the maximum power out at the same time. Try turning the lens. Don't run it in so far you hit the diode and damage the lens or diode, though. Just turn it very slowly and without much torque. You can go out of focus by having the lens too far away or too close. So, you need to figure out which way to turn it that improves the focus. When you get to infinity focus, which would be the smallest spot at 20 feet or more, you're done.

Encap

That is what the G-2 is made for. To focus your laser and get the maximum power out at the same time. .

Exactly--common sense for a single digit year old child even--was my point in the prior post.
He already knows to turn the knurled lens holder to focus---all has been covered in the thread already.

What does he imagine a lens is, does, or is used for?

Has to be playing a bad joke on or trolling the Forum as many have suspected/thought already--just wasting peoples time for no reason.

Last edited:
Yeah, can't remember ever having to explain that before. I suppose someone could be that ignorant that they can't figure that out for themselves, but I think you would have had to been living under a rock to not know that.

Encap

Yeah, can't remember ever having to explain that before. I suppose someone could be that ignorant that they can't figure that out for themselves, but I think you would have had to been living under a rock to not know that.

Exactly, nobody can--that's the point--has to be dysfunctional nonsense comments on purpose.

He is just trolling it seems posting the most irrational and dysfunctional comments he can possibly put together/dream up. Seems to be the case in every one of his posts. Wouldn't happen like that unless on purpose especially after has has been given the answers to his questions many times in the thread.

Last edited:

GSS

The NUM06 is a Gball lens diode so for a second a gave him the benefit of doubt,
but Dtr listed it with a G2:whistle: I do believe he's trying to run us in circles;)

The NUM06 is a Gball lens diode so for a second a gave him the benefit of doubt,
but Dtr listed it with a G2:whistle: I do believe he's trying to run us in circles;)

DTR sell's them with G2 and gball removed also,so that sounds right at least

AT LPF we stress honesty ONLY behind Safety..

You may have mis=read the OD printed on your glasses fame- AFAIK no glasses protect just parts of the blue wavelengths.'
Some protect just one of the basic visible 'colors' some protect two and the most spendy cover all visible wavelenghts .
Some protect red and green -some green and blue BUT NOT R & B (afaik)
.. and some cost >$300...

Glasses/goggles made for LASERS are the ONLY ones that should be used.. EVER.

If you are doing a laser display at your home for your friends/family do NOT expect THEM know ANYTHING about laser safety.

THAT is your responsibility. AND you actually need to be a safety stickler.
WHAT do you expect from cheap glasses??
Will you begin take safety 'stickler-serious' when you are left with just one good eye to protect?

You wrote that w/ yr glasses you cannot (easily) see the beam/laser. DUH!?
That is how they work- and the reason you see NOBODY wearing them at a laser show(except maybe one of the show operators.)

here are times when protecting your eyesight means wearing correct protection IS A MUST!!.. times like alignments-working on a laser projector, trouble shooting, - beam AND SPOT measuring (ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DO W/O glasses)-- and more.

My friend got fined by the FDA (iirc) $2000 because one of his lasershow workers did not have eye protection on his person. They can even fine you if the glasses are 'worn out ' or not for the right wavelength.

I cannot give you better info if all you put in your profile is 'United States' Not all states have the same laws/rules .

AND the worst States are so bad that hardly anyone wants to do a laser show in them.

TBH you are trying to skip the essentials. You seems to expect lasers to be simple like lightbulbs.

EXAMPLE=

can you reply w/o googling ?
??-- the answer to: What is ESD and how do I prevent problems??
and..

Which lasers are safe to shine into your eyes?

I wish you much luck ==you are sure to need it IMHO

Last edited: