Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

New Laser Build!!

8.3W according to who? lol what type of LPM are you using and is this a sustained power test ? Or just a quick “peak” test?

I’ve been thru a TON of NUBM47-A1 diodes and maybe if you remove the power loss of the lens, then you can say 8.3W.. but what’s reality ?

8.3W according to who? lol what type of LPM are you using and is this a sustained power test ? Or just a quick “peak” test?

I’ve been thru a TON of NUBM47-A1 diodes and maybe if you remove the power loss of the lens, then you can say 8.3W.. but what’s reality ?

The later iterations are stronger/more efficient and even the same part number diodes will evolve slightly throughout production, I've seen over 9W from the NUBM0F

The later iterations are stronger/more efficient and even the same part number diodes will evolve slightly throughout production, I've seen over 9W from the NUBM0F
I agree 100%, but he’s using the NUBM47 diode. The NUBMOF is a monster for sure! I got 9.4W with a G2. But the nubm47 doesn’t really like much higher than 5A without active cooling and a monster heatsink

+1 at 4A not even the NUBM0F can reach 8.3W with G2 lens IMO is rare to see a older diodes being more powerful than the newer generation, NUBM4F was the end of that.
1000037066.png

I can not use a G2 i try 4 X different G2 lenses on this laser and the beam is huge same when i use DTR G2

I can not use a G2 i try 4 X different G2 lenses on this laser and the beam is huge same when i use DTR G2

Yeah I had the same issues, but that’s obly
Cuz your not screwing in all the way in, it needs to be about 2mm away, or even 1mm.. that or you’re putting in in backwards.. the DTR G2 lens is absolutely perfect and it’s a user error, not the hardware.. insert the lens and screw it all the way down until it’s touching the diode, then back off maybe 1-3 turns if that.. it’s a very small sweet spot to get the G2 lens to work properly..

Back