Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

New Laser Build!!

I fixed the issue the module did not let me screw it all the way so i pressed a new module and new diode works perfect i have a lot of G2 lenses 40 total the are 10mm in length + i have 20 from DTR and other G2 hehe none worked anyway it’s fixed 👽

I fixed the issue the module did not let me screw it all the way so i pressed a new module and new diode works perfect i have a lot of G2 lenses 40 total the are 10mm in length + i have 20 from DTR and other G2 hehe none worked anyway it’s fixed 👽
You ain’t gotta lie to kick it bro, I’ve never see. A module that’s not threaded deep enough to allow for lens contact.. it’s ok to say you made a mistake, I admitted I made the same one..

So you have $500 in G2 lenses? Fer why?? I build lasers and I’ve never seen a need to keep more than 10 of each on hand… and even that’s excessive lol

The G2 lenses from DTR are 100% legit, I’ve gotten G2s from a few different sources and they’ve all worked, but I’ve actually found a lens sold alone, on AliExpress, that has outperformed any other G2 lenses I’ve purchased from DTR, Barnett, eBay, AliExpress, survival lasers.. the only problem is I can’t figure out the exact type it is.. but it output nearly 7% more than the G2s I’ve gotten from DTR, a certain AliExpress seller, and Barnett, which are identical in output, size, build..

You ain’t gotta lie to kick it bro, I’ve never see. A module that’s not threaded deep enough to allow for lens contact.. it’s ok to say you made a mistake, I admitted I made the same one..

So you have $500 in G2 lenses? Fer why?? I build lasers and I’ve never seen a need to keep more than 10 of each on hand… and even that’s excessive lol

The G2 lenses from DTR are 100% legit, I’ve gotten G2s from a few different sources and they’ve all worked, but I’ve actually found a lens sold alone, on AliExpress, that has outperformed any other G2 lenses I’ve purchased from DTR, Barnett, eBay, AliExpress, survival lasers.. the only problem is I can’t figure out the exact type it is.. but it output nearly 7% more than the G2s I’ve gotten from DTR, a certain AliExpress seller, and Barnett, which are identical in output, size, build..
Hey Amak, Alien has been here 10 years and you maby 20 minutes so have some tack. From day one you have been bragging and knocking members. Bragging is a typical sign of insecurity in a person and their lack of skills.
I don't give a **ap how long you have worked with electronics and lasers.

So never in the history of machining has a bad piece snuck in the mix. Copper also wears out the tooling quickly and at times the threads and OD of the module are not to spec.
Go back and search 3 or so years ago and DTR had bought a bad batch of the 12mm modules and was selling them not knowing.

So what if Alien has alot of G2 lenes or alot of any lenes or parts. Why does it bother you?:whistle:

I'f you want to play, I will say it. That fan and tech cooled host is a nice idea but it looks like a horrible Frankenstein build and doesn't even have a power source for the fans and possible TEC plates.
Show it when its done and after you find a machinist to do the milling and etc.

Oh Wow, now I see your knocking even Sanwu Lasers build quality. You have some serious issues. Sanwu wouldn't even let you work in their shipping department let alone working on the build line:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I always purchase extra diodes & lenses drivers and so on because many businesses can close or the stop production or a member moves from the hobby and at the end the is none available i seen it happen, Anyway the module was having problems i check other and i found 4 more same problem i was trying to fix it for experience since i have a miniature lathe i only damaged it more at the end 🫠

Being an lpf supporter doesn't give you a ticket to being rude to other members. You need to tone it back "bro"

Being an lpf supporter doesn't give you a ticket to being rude to other members. You need to tone it back "bro"

I wasn’t being rude, I was just saying, be straight brah..

I admitted I made a mistake and I always make sure to correct myself first.. I helped him fix the issue fyi. But anyone exaggerating claims, should be called out… it’s misleading, especially if he’s selling his products…

Saying “you ain’t gotta lie to kick it bro” is a light hearted way of saying, stop the BS and be real. If people can’t take let that roll of their back, then that’s their issue.. I didn’t know we had to adhere to strict church-like guidelines.. but saying his laser with NUBM47 diode was hitting 8.3w with G8 lens at 5A… is 100% unrealistic, considering 10% minimum light loss thru the G8, that’s a NUBM47 diode hitting over 9.1W at 5A… come on.. claiming that should be enough for a slap on the wrist from you.. but instead, call me rude for calling him out… errrkay…

And from what I can gather, he’s absolutely selling lasers cuz no one buys 40 G2 lenses as a hobbyist..

So, you should have an issue with his claims and him not being straight and realistic, even if he isn’t selling on here.. he’s posting up exaggerated claims.. a lot of high end builders agreed, they may have been extremely nice about it, good for them, but I’ll stand up to the BS..

Feel free to call out anything you find inaccurate but the point is do it with some tact. You got a rotten attitude and that is the problem. You necroposted an old thread just to start an argument. This is pissing a lot of people off and now you're arguing with me. Learn how to speak without insult. Control yourself. It's all I said and I will not be engaged into any arguments you may have about this.

Remember we have the fightclub. Feel free to vent yourself there.

I tested using the G2 the problem i was having is i can not screw it in all the way to get a perfect line in far distance so i used a G8 Lens in the video and after that i fixed the problem, I don't sell G2 lenses :cool:

Reactions: GSS

Back