Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New - Just want a 5mw Green Laser Pointer

I'm new to this whole laser thing, and I'm interested in buying a 5mw green laser pointer. That's all, nothing more. :p I'm not interested in incinerating small rodents or anything.

Anyways, what is the best site to go with? I live in the US if it matters.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Have you looked at what is for sale right here??

Just make sure you buy a quality pointer, I got one off ebay for $12 and it fell apart in the first week.

with 5mW your options are endless. 5mW lasers are legal here in the USA.

Try Z-bolt.com
Or Laserglow.com

They have a very good selection of 5mW green pointers at good prices. They are not cheapo generic pointers and will last you a good long time.
I would recommend the Laserglow Galileo. It is one of the most reliable pointers around. Also, Laserglow has a 25% discount on all their portable products.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f46/amazing-laserglow-discount-just-lpf-25-off-45588.html#post612462

If you want something cheap and not quite as good, try Dealextreme or O-like.

Radioshack actually sells very high quality green 5mw for 50$. Comes with warranty and everything.

Lasher

There is a vendor on eBay that sells the Wicked Lasers Core at a better price than the WL website.

I have it and for the money its a very high quality 5mw pointer.

There are a lot of members here that don't like Wicked Lasers but most will tell you the Core is one of there best products.

Lasher

Want a cheap, good 5mW pointer?

::: www.ledshoppe.com ::: The Greatest Online LED Shoppe Worldwide

I love them, and they're only $12. Higher quality than ebay ones, equal quality to Radioshack (and much lower price), not as high quality as Laserglow, but a lot cheaper. My personal opinion is that if you want to spend a lot of money on a green laser pointer, might as well make it a powerful one. But that's just me. The Laserglow one will last you forever I'm sure.

-Mark

I'm new to this whole laser thing, and I'm interested in buying a 5mw green laser pointer. That's all, nothing more.

Beware that most of the Chinese '5mw' offerings are actually much more powerful than claimed. For example, some of Ledshoppe's 5mw pointers had a measured output of over 40mw. DealExtreme is also extremely bad for highly overspec pointers.

If, for safety or legal reasons, you want a pointer that's really <5mw, you will need to buy from one of the high-end vendors like LaserGlow, AtlasNova, Optotronics, or buy the WL Core.

Last edited:
Same lol now 5mW seems pretty boaring :)

Haha, Im in the same boat. One year, i buy a 5$ red pointer from a shop, and think its so cool! It can go hundreds of feet and still be a dot!

Next year I buy a 5mw green laser from radioshack (beautiful quality btw), and think its amazing! Omg its green! Omg look at that beam at night! Impressed lots of my friends.

Now I laugh in contempt as I deal with 160mw greens and 200mw+ blurays, and threaten my friends :rolleyes: