Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Host from Sinner

Well here you go people's, 2 New Hosts from Sinner, designed by Busman2 with sinners help on refining!

Presenting the Busman Sceptre!
10028-img-0002.jpg

Copper hosts with Brass, Copper and Aluminium "Tri colour" sleeves. 30mm in diameter.
10029-img-0007.jpg

I have to tell you that these Bad Boys are made for the job, no pussies here folks they are the Real Deal, the Duck's Nut's so to speak. Made to slip one of DTR's 12mm modules. The Mini Sceptre takes a single 18650 Li-ion while its Big Brother Takes 2 18650 Li-ions and when fully loaded will weigh in at nearly a kilo which in pounds is, well whatever pounds is in metric! :D
10031-img-0010.jpg

10030-img-0009.jpg

Now whilst these 2 hosts were not exactly what I wanted they are pretty close to it due to engineering limitations and my shoddy drawings this is what Sinner came up with and they are AWSOME!
10034-img-0016.jpg

10032-img-0011.jpg

The machining is top quality with eye for detail. It did take awhile for them to be made due to Sinner being very busy and then there was a problem with the first batch of switches so he had to wait for more to arrive but after a couple of delays and some anxious moments they arrived today. The 2 x 18650 will house my 462-472nm 9mm in DTR module and I will let you see that when it is done. The single 18650 is still looking for its light source.:thinking:
10033-img-0014.jpg

It was a long time coming but…..
Here are a couple of pics with the M16 405nm 850mW

10400-img-0008.jpg

10401-img-0011.jpg

10399-img-0003.jpg

That is the Mini Sceptre. I had a few problems with the full size 18650 x 2. once they were resolved I went and put in my 462nm module and Pffft Gone. so Got another from DTR and it burnt dimly for 15sec and Pffft So now I am looking for something a bit less expensive to install in it.

Now that Sinner has made these two prototypes he may be willing to make some more or something similar, yes they are a bit more expensive than most other hosts you would buy but if you are looking for that something Special, the King or Queen of your collection, the one that will be Sovereign over all, then ask Sinner about the Busman Sceptre!

I thank Sinner for his time and patience in making these and having to followup on all my emails. Also If there is anything you wish to add/correct here Sinner please feel free to do so.:beer:

Last edited:

Rifter

Looks great, I'll be picking up my custom sinner host from dhl later today. He really does do amazing work.

Those look fantastic and very similar to the Sirius 1 C hosts. ;) Beautiful machining from Sinner, but we wouldnt expect anything less! Hopefully he will offer these, or similar ones, for sale! :beer:

Those do look sweet. Great job to the both of you. That 462nm should be quite happy in there!

steampunk lasers. Does it run on steam and coal as well ? Now I've seen everything.

Lasers are going avant garde eh lol :D

HAIL SINNER THE AVANT GARDE LASER ARTISTS
:worthy:

sinner

1dxucif.jpg

Now offering.. Busman's sceptre. A seamless tri-metal design with smooth texture,
A part of sales goes to busman2 for designing such a brilliant host.

I have acquired all the parts/tools to make 2-3 more hosts, They have 10Amp switches installed with solid brass contacts, a rubber boot that is inter-changeable.

1dxucif.jpg

Now offering.. Busman's sceptre. A seamless tri-metal design with smooth texture,
A part of sales goes to busman2 for designing such a brilliant host.

I have acquired all the parts/tools to make 2-3 more hosts, They have 10Amp switches installed with solid brass contacts, a rubber boot that is inter-changeable.
That is very generous of you Sinner. Seeing as one good turn does another I will also make an opportunity for others. Whoever buys one of these hosts from Sinner the money that Sinnner would have past on to me can go to Avery to help him keep this forum running.
I am not issuing any sort of "Bucket Challenge" but if you can please give a little back to this forum. Every month I see Avery struggle to meet the $400 needed to keep this going, most months he never reaches the target so please give even just a little. The month end is here and just over halfway has been reached!
Thanks LPF and thanks Sinner!

sinner

This is truly an amazing thing you're doing Shane, but I would like to give credit where its due.

:bumpit:

Well it took me awhile to get around to doing it but I have added a couple of pics with the Mini Sceptre in action. The Full sized sceptre is due to unforeseen circumstances still a work in progress, no hurry! Lol