Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Galileo 5mw laser pointer (532nm)

so just yestarday i finally got my first green laser from laserglow the Galileo 5mw. :) before that all of the lasers ive owned were just 1mw redlaser pointers from pet shops lol. K i know this laser is pretty expensive for its output ( I paid about 125 dollars canadian for the galileo laser plus the tripod mount ) main reason i got this one was that i live in toronto and could easily pick it up at their office and was high quality.

stats
tested average output -4.48mw
divergence - <1.2 mrad ( havent checked myself )
Batteries - it runs on cr123a lithium batteries

Laserglow tests the laser before they give it to u so thats how i know the average power

The box it came with was pretty nice, the laseer feel quality in hand, the beam is nice with no mode hopping. the small tripod mount is good but a bit pricey ( to my guess) 25$ for it.

I dont have any good pics of the beam yet. but it did surprise to as how visible it was last night (never seen one in real life before)
I cant get the pics to work unfortunately but they werent anything to special just check out the laserglow website

the laser was 89$ lol the tripod mount was 25$ , no shipping picked it up in toronto, my dad kinda lol.

I think thats what I paid for mine too, kept it on all night when it was mounted to a telescope, reasonably weather resistant, runs on cr123as, so it wouldn't matter what temperature it is outside it will work just fine.

LaZeRz

People spend hundreds on 1mW lasers... (589nm for example)

if it was even 3 mrad you would not notice lmao

lol@ Not "direct" from China

Last edited:
My first "exotic" laser was a Laserglow Galileo as well. It is a very nice laser. IMO it is much more worth the money than the "200mw" garbage most consider "high quality" and "on spec" these days. ;)

@weeba2kv: what's this about 3mRad?

Last edited:
I spend almost $200 in a 30mw over six years ago. I am still using it on my class. I measured it this summer it is still over spec. doing 37mw. I even drop it few times.