Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

New G7 lens for 445nm / 462nm / 520nm

Re: Doom to 3 elements - New G series lens for 405nm/ 445nm / 520nm

subscribed!, Very interested as to more testing/photos or any other information on these lens, dont forget to ask your supplier how much you can get them for if you buy 200+ pieces too, then you or someone could setup a Group Buy!
hint hint

subscribed!, Very interested as to more testing/photos or any other information on these lens, dont forget to ask your supplier how much you can get them for if you buy 200+ pieces too, then you or someone could setup a Group Buy!
hint hint

^ Yeah, what he said. ^

I'm sure with those numbers you could find quite a few people interested including myself!

hint hint

Will consider a GB! Anyone interested for this lens?

Five more G7 lenses as 9mm package is coming... I only pre-ordered two to see if they are really improved version of current G lenses. Gonna switching most of my laser to G7 as I already did on my signature!:cool:

Last edited:

Count this noob in for a couple. 9mm

If the price is right, I have a project which could use a few, GB would be great.

G7 is Coated for 400~550nm.
Absorb dia: 7mm with 6.4mm of light pass through
Thickness: 2.5mm
holder : M9
Closest focal length : 8mm
Made of D-ZK3

Last edited:
I just picked up on this and I too have been thinking about a single element lens with better beam divergence for the multimode laser diodes. It is a problem, especially with the higher power diodes, and a single element lens that could offer a tighter beam would be something I would be interested in. Since I don't have one to compare, I will be watching this unfold until I know what advantages this lens may have over the many others available.

the lens reached thejoker301 already and he said he will do a test on monday, right now he's tryin to clean the lens N barrel but first:

Output test from starlight:

Just like what I said, it beats 3-element with more output but same divergence, not like other G lenses which >3 mrad in divergence, dot is quite clean too - aleast it's acceptable for me.

Last edited:
With the new diodes wide divergence we could benefit a lot if we had say...a 15mm wide module and a 15mm focal length single element lens.
The beam " ribbon " would be a little wider at the lens output but our ability to focus and burn at working distances would also be greatly improved.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/f...ld-lasers-1-8w-462nm-available-now-93166.html

They are 10 bucks with free shipping. The link is above.

Last edited:
Subbing, I would be down for a group buy! I need about 5 lenses and this seems like a perfect combo of power and dot quality.

How much is this? 10$ ish?

Hey guys , dont forget to ask Podo about barrel length too, i ordered two of these lens and they are a couple mm shorter than the general single element lens barrels we put focus adapters on the end of,
They are fine for a couple of my builds because i set the focus once and leave the lens "set" for infinity with the lens "submerged" in the modules with no focus adapter,
If you want these for a build with focus adapter it may pay to ask podo if he can get the same lens in a longer barrel,

I will take measurements of Lens if i remember...

The only problem I have is how they are mounted... in the one pic they seem stippled into place with the lens on top being I don't know glued, how are you going to clear the lens nut? I'm sure that stipple will leave a nasty artifact.

The only problem I have is how they are mounted... in the one pic they seem stippled into place with the lens on top being I don't know glued, how are you going to clear the lens nut? I'm sure that stipple will leave a nasty artifact.

Our shorter 5mm barrel is designed to suit our lasers build, by cutting off the length of the barrels, more light can be passing through the lens without reflected by the internal barrel. Our stock lens for finished build used to be 3-element but this lens outdo it easily so we decided to use G7 as our stock lens.

One more, the barrels you'll get will be nothing like the pics I linked in this post if you gonna buy from sanwu, the barrels will be different. They're from other source.

Last edited:
Our shorter 5mm barrel is designed to suit our lasers build, by cutting off the length of the barrels, more light can be passing through the lens without reflected by the internal barrel. Our stock lens for finished build used to be 3-element but this lens outdo it easily so we decided to use G7 as our stock lens.

One more, the barrels you'll get will be nothing like the pics I linked in this post if you gonna buy from sanwu, the barrels will be different. They're from other source.

Alrighty then can we see some pics of those barrel then? And Thank You.

Back