Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

When I get home I will post a video on how the brightness changes, I think this lasers come "pod modded to the max" if he tested the 3 lasers and didn't show raise on power I'm sure he saw degrease of power.

The farther the beam is and wider it is the better you will notice the brightness while you adjust the pod, the pod reacts more quickly than my other lasers.

I recorded a video with my phone and it clearly shows the brightness changing while I adjust the pod very slowly.

Search on youtube for 200mw POD cdesigns222 is my username, I just uploaded the video from my phone so it might take a few minutes to appear.

Okay let me put this another another way. These lasers cannot be pot-modded for higher output. I was able to successfully lower the power roughly 10mW on each laser. There is also some point on the pot (right around where it shuts off) where the laser will operate around 1-25mW. After that I was just trying to get the lasers back to where they were to begin with. If people want to try it I suggest they do. It is really easy to do as the CB is made very accessible with a simple twist of the top.

Yeah you do have a point. I'm going to try it again.

When I last did it, the board became very warm but I don't know if it's normal.

yobresal said:
Okay let me put this another another way. These lasers cannot be pot-modded for higher output. I was able to successfully lower the power roughly 10mW on each laser. There is also some point on the pot (right around where it shuts off) where the laser will operate around 1-25mW. After that I was just trying to get the lasers back to where they were to begin with. If people want to try it I suggest they do. It is really easy to do as the CB is made very accessible with a simple twist of the top.

Like I said before, I don'y have a laser power meter so I don't know if it produces more power, one thing I know is that mine when I opened for the first time and adjusted the pod, the light got brighter and the board got warm faster. It seems to burn things better now. Maybe mine was set @ 150mw, I really don't know. right now I pod adjusted mine to the MAX just before the it turns off. I took mine and modified the housing is no more portable. I have some heatsink from R/C ESC's and I will put one on the components of the board, I also made a heatsink for the laser itselft.

I will be using this laser on my vinyl cutter plotter to engrave leather, I'm working on how to turn on and off the laser. on the vinyl cutter the knife goes down and up, I will try to see the voltage of that solenoid and put a micro dc adjustable powersupply on that output hopefully is a DC current. that way the plotter will control when to turn on/off the laser. Also I will have to control the speed of the plotter to burn things good. or maybe do 2-5 pases. Is a work in progress.

Amnizu

cdesigns said:
[quote author=yobresal link=1204386353/225#227 date=1206122090]Okay let me put this another another way. These lasers cannot be pot-modded for higher output. I was able to successfully lower the power roughly 10mW on each laser. There is also some point on the pot (right around where it shuts off) where the laser will operate around 1-25mW. After that I was just trying to get the lasers back to where they were to begin with. If people want to try it I suggest they do. It is really easy to do as the CB is made very accessible with a simple twist of the top.

adjusted the pod,
right now I pod adjusted [/quote]

Pot. As in potentiometer.

john_lawson said:
hey got mine today nooooooooooooo batteries where can I buy these
cr 15270 at
check your local BEST store, both CR2 and CR123A were onsale 2pack for $3 :eek:

edit: BESTBUY store

Make sure and get the kind that can charge up to 3.6volts as it seems people have gotten higher outputs with these.

I hooked it up to a 5.9 volt adfaptor this thing rocks
all my friends say wow that looks like a di*&%^
other than that i like the output

max

My DX200 red will arrive this week and I am wondering if it's ok to use rechargeable batteries because they have more than 3v.
Will my laser be safe with rechargeable 3.6v batteries?

geo-r

max said:
My DX200 red will arrive this week and I am wondering if it's ok to use rechargeable batteries because they have more than 3v.
Will my laser be safe with rechargeable 3.6v batteries?
I have the same question!If anyone try it with rechargeable batteries please answer if its ok. :-? :-?

yobresal said:
yobresal, I wonder if the driver can be use for Blu-Ray Diode, since Vin=6v and if the Pot can lower the current? ::)
If we can get Vout 4.5 with Iout 40mA, then we can have a professional looking 15mW Blu-Ray for $80. :cool:

It looks easy enough to do. Even if the pot won't lower the current enough you can just add a resistor. It might be an expensive means of getting a blu-ray housing and CB though. The crappy dark gray adhesive they have used to keep the CB and diode together is a real pain in the butt to get off though. Go ahead and try scrapping a tiny bit off.