Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

**update**
Today it said shipped and gave me tracking numbers!
Yippiee!!

I came here today to post about that 200mW red and see y'all have been talking about it for a week!
I ordered one this morning as soon as I saw it. ::)
I'll post a review next month when it gets here.

And about the DX 200mW Greens.....Mine was great! Did all it was supposed to do.  ;)

Also,
I've found it's best not to watch for your DX package to closely. Just wait patiently, or better yet, forget that you ordered it and be really surprised when the bitchin' new laser arrives at your doorstep... ;D

iewed

ponyboy said:
Also,
I've found it's best not to watch for your DX package to closely. Just wait patiently, or better yet, forget that you ordered it and be really surprised when the bitchin' new laser arrives at your doorstep... ;D

How can you not watch the package? It's a handheld burning machine capable of lighting matches and fireworks, popping balloons, and roasting ants! (Just because you have the power, doesn't mean you should)

SMIDSY

can I get some help?

I have a choice between a DIY 120mW laser (with free green) from jake21 for around the same price as this laser... any thoughts?

Has anyone got jake 21s laser?

cheers

SMIDSY

I assume its a generic 5mW green with loads of IR :) only the finest.

...this is CrAzY! :mad: Today part of my order (the 3v rechargeable batts + charger) now says waiting on supplier but the 200mW red says 1xshipped and gives me a new set of tracking numbers! Yesterday it gave me one tracking number for the whole order!
At least the red is on the way! I HOPE!
We'll see......I'm still waiting on a GPS antenna and some other stuff from my last order!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
What was that other place that has good prices like DX?

Razako

Grn_n_TX said:
...this is CrAzY! :mad: Today part of my order (the 3v rechargeable batts + charger) now says waiting on supplier but the 200mW red says 1xshipped and gives me a new set of tracking numbers! Yesterday it gave me one tracking number for the whole order!
We'll see......I'm still waiting on a GPS antenna and some other stuff from my last order!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
kaidomain.com

KD is a one-man show so expect it to be slow. I ordered batteries on the 4th and they arrived early today (as in 10th March 2008). On the other hand, the Copper 50mW I ordered long before is taking its time, apparently "waiting for supplier".

Anyway, I have a tracking number for the red 200mW DX (2nd batch) so it's only a matter of weeks/years until it gets shipped out.

Switch

Lol, years :D By the time you get it we'll have class 4 555nm diodes :D
Anyway, I can't wait for the reviews, vids and power readings of this thing to come.I'm really curious how good it is :p

(666th post :p)

;D Auuugh! Switch! The post of the beast!!! [smiley=evil.gif]

I'm still frickin' pending my shipment... so It's good to hear that someone will get one of these soon. (Hopefully somebody with a meter!) It'll be really interesting, given how many of us here bought this, to see how many are good and how many are "not so much". I've always thought that DX's suppliers were really hit and miss with QC, so this will be a real test of the quality ratio, given that DX does not test themselves. (although IgorT just got someone called Rain to test* the second DX200 he bought live via Skype call, so it is possible)

I'm also dying to hear the impressions of the first lucky guy to actually get his hands on one.

CC

* "test" of course referring to "yes it turns on and appears to have only one beam that hurts my eyes when I look at dot"

Switch

Hmm...A new thread should be made where everyone should post their impressions and tests. :p Maybe even a poll with "Are you satisfied with your DX200 red?" and 3 options with "yes" , "no" and "I don't have one" :-/

Switch said:
Hmm...A new thread should be made where everyone should post their impressions and tests. :p Maybe even a poll with "Are you satisfied with your DX200 red?" and 3 options with "yes" , "no" and "I don't have one" :-/

Don't forget the button for "I had to RMA it because it only put out 50mW" ;D

Cheers, CC

it could put out 50mw and still be a deal at 50bux!!.... [smiley=cheesy.gif]

.....hope mine comes in the second shipment going out...

Razako said:
[quote author=Grn_n_TX link=1204386353/90#102 date=1205196827]...this is CrAzY! :mad: Today part of my order (the 3v rechargeable batts + charger) now says waiting on supplier but the 200mW red says 1xshipped and gives me a new set of tracking numbers! Yesterday it gave me one tracking number for the whole order!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
kaidomain.com[/quote]

Thanks! I'll check them out.